Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
BUENHEC said:
I am wondering what kind of testing does KT do at the factory before they return your firearm.  How many shots are fired? How fast? What kind of ammo do they use?
When I brought mine up last month for repair, they had it for no more than 15 minutes. My gun was not the least bit warm when returned to me. If they tested (which they said they did) they couldn't of fired more than a few rounds in it.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
At 1000 P3ATs each week, I would guess they fire no more than a mag. I don't think I would like that job... firing P3ATs for an 8 hour shift. :eek:

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
When my P-3AT made its second trip home I remember that they said they had fired something like 40 rounds through it to test it out!

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Yes, when I said "a mag", I was referring to new guns coming off the line, and that was purely speculation.  Someone earlier today personally took theirs in for service and 46 test rounds were fired.  I assume they test a problem pistol that was repaired more rigorously than a new one that appears to function well.

·
Registered
115 Posts
BUENHEC said:
I am wondering what kind of testing does KT do at the factory before they return your firearm.  How many shots are fired? How fast? What kind of ammo do they use?
I was up there today and I was told that they fired the following while testing my P-3AT:

One mag of Remington Golden Saber
One mag of American Eagle
One Mag of Fiocchi
One Mag Federal Hydro Shock
One Mag of PMC
and two mags of extra of the above

I heard about 42 rounds fired. I assume it was from my gun. I was given box labels of the above. So when they test, they test different ammo.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
I know that's what they tested on your gun that was in for service. Did they say that's what they run through every new gun coming off the line? ???

·
Registered
164 Posts
Kwesi said:
Sure glad my job is not test firing our P3-AT's because my index finger would be long gone.

I have put 2 rubber grips on mine and it still hurts to fire many rounds.
Same here. First time I took it out I put through 140 rounds and my finger was killing me. I sanded down the trigger guard like people said and put on a grip. The next time out I put 150 rounds though it and my finger was fine, the sanding and or grip worked for my finger. But this time it really kiiled my hand between the index and thumb. I did fire a mag one handed early on in that outing. I think the one handed firing is what beat up my hand. I got the finger extension yesterday and the gun feels so much better in my hand now. Hopefully next time I fire it it will be all OK. I still would not want to be the one fire one all day at Kel-Tec.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
jimwiggs said:
Marty said new gun testing required a full mag be fired with no problem.
That seems about right.

·
Registered
115 Posts
TxCajun said:
I know that's what they tested on your gun that was in for service.  Did they say that's what they run through every new gun coming off the line?   ???
No, I never discussed new guns with them. I was just answering the original posters question. of "what kind of testing does KT do at the factory before they return your firearm"?
I would guess that you are correct in saying 1 mag for each new gun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.