What kind of grease?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by MoonDoggy, Aug 21, 2008.

1. MoonDoggy

MoonDoggy New Member

Jun 19, 2008
    I recently purchased a new P-3AT and spent a littlw time on the range last weekend. I did have 3 jams with it, but after doing a lot of reading on here I'm not too worried about it (yet).

I have noticed that many people refer to "greasing" the slide rails to improve performance, but I haven't seen any recommendations on what grease you should use......any suggestions/recommendations?

I may also spend some time on the feed ramp area with some sandpaper before the next trip to the range......

Thanks for the help!

2. Cremator

Cremator New Member

Oct 31, 2007

3. rcmodel

rcmodel New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Eastern Kansas
  4. Cascadedad

Cascadedad New Member

May 28, 2008
  5. RAT76

RAT76 Active Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    I use gunslick just because I have a couple of tubes from 20 - 30 years ago. In reality ANY grease will do. Wheel bearing grease is a cheap option.

6. MoonDoggy

MoonDoggy New Member

Jun 19, 2008
    I have some stuff for the breechplug in my muzzleloader that works really well.....I never even gave that a thought!!

I like some of the suggestions about the dry graphite stuff too.....thanks everyone!!

7. DaveNC

DaveNC Member

Mar 7, 2008
    I use the Engine Assembly lube with Moly-Graphite. You can get it at Advance auto and it will pretty much last a life time.

CRC makes this stuff.

8. vwspdshp

vwspdshp New Member

Jul 19, 2008
    I use RIG universal because I found it on clearance. Grease is more or less grease ::)

9. rcmodel

rcmodel New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Eastern Kansas
    Yes, but some is more or less then others. ;)

rcmodel

10. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005