Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, one question, i'd like buy the bullets for reloading ammo .32 formy kel tec p32, and i have a dubbious: must buy the .309 or more bigger like .311?Do you think in the barrel can be a.311 bullets?At how its drilling the barrel?Some one know this info?(Excuse me for my bad english, i'm from italy ), but like very my p32 and reloading ammo.Fabry

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
(Excuse me for my bad english, i'm from italy ), but like very my p32 and reloading ammo.Fabry
Keep them questions coming Fabry. Your english is as good or better than some english speaking members we have here. :)

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Keep them questions coming Fabry. Your english is as good or better than some english speaking members we have here.
Yep, we're becoming used to it.

Fabry, pay close attention to the reloading manual as your guide. It will tell you the exact components to use, along the lines of what RC says.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks boy, i think that then my .311can be good.Only we have a case like "fiocchi" and they have the thickness a little big so when i use the .311 at the end like a little "fat" at the top, 'll be better caseslike remington or winchester , they are the thickness alittle less so can use the bullets with more diameter like .311 or .312 and at the end like most beautiful:)

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Off topic, Mike, if that's your plane, please start a thread in the Great Outdoors.

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
when i use the .311 at the end like a little "fat" at the top,
Sounds like you need to adjust your seating die to put a little more taper crimp on them.

The Fiocchi ammo likely had .311" bullets in them when the factory loaded them, and they were not "fat" the first time.

Set the taper crimp die so the measurement is about .334" at the case mouth of the loaded round.

Or measure one of the factory loads and set it just like that measurement.

rc

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi RC, i had try to adjust the dies, and now are little better, (i wrong error my bullets are not .311 but .312).Only i don't have understand good when i must hav e the measurement . 334 maybe from the top of the case at the top of the finished bullet? i have lee dies and for 32 auto are only 3 , the third are the seater and crimper togheter.(in the cal. 9 are 4 , one for the seater and one for the crimper and it's a little better.) Have a Nice day

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
Yes, the end of the case, or case mouth opening.
Measure it after seating & crimping.

Your seating/crimping die can be screwed down further to make more crimp.
Just back off the seating stem a little to maintain the same OAL, or length of the loaded round.

rc

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Hi guys, one question, i'd like buy the bullets for reloading ammo .32 formy kel tec p32, and i have a dubbious: must buy the .309 or more bigger like .311?Do you think in the barrel can be a.311 bullets?At how its drilling the barrel?Some one know this info?(Excuse me for my bad english, i'm from italy ), but like very my p32 and reloading ammo.Fabry
Hello,

Per the attached SAAMI 1993 diagram for 32 ACP you can use bullet diameters up to 0.3125 inches less 0.006". Fabry, this means you can use bullets with diameters from 0.3065 to 0.3125" (7.786 - 7.938 MM). European 7.65 Browning loads Fiocchi, FN, Sellier & Belliot tend to use bullets in the 0.307 to 0.309" range which lowers pressures.

Best Wishes::)

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes , we in europe tend to use a less diameter like .308 and .309. I have at home bullets H&N copper plated .309, and are good, but have too the normal bullet .312 , i have try to use in the p32, and was all regolar, do you think to be a risk to use this bullets .312 ?Can create a problem about the pressure?I hope and think not, but its better know another opinion about.I think if in the USA use this bullets, it means this don't create risk .Best wishes Fabry

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Hello Fabry,

The 0.312" bullet should be fine just lower the starting load by 10%. The SAAMI specification for the 32 ACP bore is 0.304" (7.72 MM), and groove of 0.311" (7.9 MM). The 32 ACP chamber has a 15 degree slope going from 0.339" to 0.304" so the barrel should squeeze down the bullet to 0.311 without much trouble. Fabry, I hope the information helped.

Best Wishes::)

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
Yes , we in europe tend to use a less diameter like .308 and .309. I have at home bullets H&N copper plated .309, and are good, but have too the normal bullet .312 , i have try to use in the p32, and was all regolar, do you think to be a risk to use this bullets .312 ?Can create a problem about the pressure?I hope and think not, but its better know another opinion about.I think if in the USA use this bullets, it means this don't create risk .Best wishes Fabry
It because we like everything bigger in America. :D

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
do you think to be a risk to use this bullets .312 ?Can create a problem about the pressure?
No.

I would be more worried about using .308 bullets with reloading dies made for .312" bullets.

Using the smaller bullets will, or at least may not give you enough case neck tension to prevent bullet set-back during feeding.

That will raise pressure much more then using the correct size .312" bullets the dies were designed for.

rc

1 - 20 of 22 Posts