Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I'd have questions for the seller.

I understand KT validating firearms, but this looks suspect. I'm having doubts the GB seller was being fully honest.
[/QUOTE]
Welp, everything cleaned off including the hard residue around the roll pin on the bolt with the wood backside of a pointy Qtip. Barrel seemed clean, so MAYBE factory nastiness? Either way, I took pictures of everything and plan on shooting Friday so if everything functions as normal I won't be care as much.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You’d have to have the stuff chemically tested… it doesn’t look like rust.

Maybe some combination of factory lube schmoo, test fire powder residue, and humid storage?
My last comment was a little incomprehensible,(thanks whiskey) he basically told me parts prone to being banged loose are lathered in this packing/shipping grease to prevent dislodging. Welp! We'll see I have plans to shoot Friday so expect an update then. Sorry for freaking out like a new father lol.

· Registered
P50
2 Posts
Wife surprised me with a P50 for Christmas. Bought off GB, brand new. Just opened it for my first breakdown and I see this on the bolt. Is this normal? Doesn't seem like it would/should be.
I got one of those for myself for Christmas and it doesn't look anything like that..appears used..not only bogeyed around the roll pin but around the magazine cutouts..just sayin
Office equipment Engineering Font Office supplies Composite material

Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel Office equipment

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
It all cleaned off. Even if it was used I don't believe thats how it would look. My much more experienced gun bro explained its just crap slapped on parts that might get banged loose during shipping, which explains why it was on a roll pin and around the firing pin.

· Registered
317 Posts
Ah the SB. I neglected to try those out when I was putting mine together.

It looks like it might be reversible without interfering with the charging handle… if so it might be a better option than my Sig hinge for folks who want right side folders.

· Registered
30 Posts
My last comment was a little incomprehensible,(thanks whiskey) he basically told me parts prone to being banged loose are lathered in this packing/shipping grease to prevent dislodging. Welp! We'll see I have plans to shoot Friday so expect an update then. Sorry for freaking out like a new father lol.
Its nothing. Wait until you read about people who buy borescopes...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts