Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
seabear1500 said:
Guess I did OK at the SHow last weekend with a NIB at $269
I would say you did just fine, especially in light of the gun purchasing climate today.

Back when I was shopping/buying for P3ATs I generally had a rule that for 80% of new I'd buy used but closer than that I would go for the new. But that is because I gamble on KT continuing to look the other way for second hand purchasers warranty service.

-Scott

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes, I checked on GB before going to the show and there were BUY NOW prices as high as $375. NUTS!

I only found two at the show, lots of 32s, the other one I found was $300. I almost flinched, but I had a goal of staying under $300. I've decided this dealer is pretty fair and will do business with him again soon. Good thing for me he's local.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I bought a new Chrome P3AT just over a month ago via gunbroker. With shipping, FFL transfer fee, it cost me about $325 total. If you can find a chrome one slightly used like that, buy it. They are very hard to come by in chrome. I would have bought locally, but it would have ended up costing me the same amount and it could have taken months to get in, and I would have to front the money first and then wait.

G

·
Offer him $200 cash in your hand,smiling.

Otherwise,buy a new one.

Keltecs are just getting better everytime the new ones come out.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
I'd start at $150 and work up. Beyond $200, I'd go with NIB. IMO, based on the significantly declining number of problems reported here, the newer ones are indeed better than ever.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He wants $250 with one mag and a holster that he didn't give me details on.

I think I will offer him $200, unless someone here can do better with shipping?

Is the chrome really that much better?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Chrome makes A difference, but I think most will tell you that how BIG a difference depends on preferences.  I have a 1st gen 3AT that is parked (there were no HC 3AT's to be found at the time); it has done fine and served its purpose well.  When looking for a PF9, the first place I looked had one in HC so I picked it up; I would have bought a blued or parked one if that is all they had, but the HC offers a little more rust resistance and a slicker surface so the $20-30 more they were asking was worth it to me.  Any Kel-Tec in HC is going to demand a little more money than blued or parked because it is considered a finish upgrade.

I like HC, but its like the lady who kissed the cow--everyone has their own tastes!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.