Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped at the pawn shop Friday and they had an SU16 (didn't have a letter designation). It looked pretty new, with two 10-round mags stuck in the bottom of the stock. I noticed pretty quick that the front sight and the flash suppressor as well as the rear sight was missing. They had $499 listed on it so I asked for the least cost and they said $475. Darn, I thought that the missing items would cost me the difference and bring the cost back up to over 500. What would you do? It said .223 on it. How do I know it it has a chromed barrel or not? Thanks for the info. I was looking for one to use on coyotes that get after my goats.

Dave :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
I stopped at the pawn shop Friday and they had an SU16 (didn't have a letter designation). It looked pretty new, with two 10-round mags stuck in the bottom of the stock. I noticed pretty quick that the front sight and the flash suppressor as well as the rear sight was missing. They had $499 listed on it so I asked for the least cost and they said $475. Darn, I thought that the missing items would cost me the difference and bring the cost back up to over 500. What would you do? It said .223 on it. How do I know it it has a chromed barrel or not? Thanks for the info. I was looking for one to use on coyotes that get after my goats.

Dave :)
Everything I've seen they're holding close to $500. The best price I've gotten on a C model was $389 but that was a while ago from a guy needing money. As for the sights I think you can get replacement parts at Kel Tec's web site for what looks like about $20. Or you can go with complete bravo peep sights for $47. As for the chromed barrel I'm not sure. Get the S/N number and call Kel Tec. I think it has to do with the model year..

http://www.keltecweapons.com/store/su-16-parts/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts