Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though I have an LCP on order, I just bought a p-3at..shrug, maybe I have a problem. Anywho, while I am waiting for my 5 days to clear, I still have the option of deciding between black and hard chrome. I'll admit, the hard chrome looked a tad cleaner, especially the extractor. With that said, if I don't give the p-3at to the ol' lady or my mother (she's been wanting a small pistol), I may sell it after the LCP proves to be reliable.

What's generally an easier pistol to sell, black or chrome?

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
This post topic IS.

BaileyMoto said:
Please continue.

LCP can be discussed in other guns ;)

BTW, I would preffer the black, but it seems HC carries a premiun

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
To get back to the original question...

It depends a bit on what is available in your area when you go to sell it.

If hard chromes are hard to find (and they often are) and someone really wants one you could get a very good price.

Blue are generally easier to find, but are also the least expensive, so you may find more people looking to buy one which will make it easier to sell.

Parkerized are sort of "in between" the other two.

Bobo

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
BaileyMoto said:
When buying used pre-owned P-3ATs I offer $50-$60 more for hard chromed over blued. I no longer buy Parkerized Kel-Tec pistols (personal preference).

Wilson – who’s prepared to make you a low-ball offer if & when :D

·
Registered
754 Posts
Wilson said:
[quote author=BaileyMoto link=1204637533/0#0 date=1204637533]What's generally an easier pistol to sell, black or chrome?
When buying used pre-owned P-3ATs I offer $50-$60 more for hard chromed over blued. I no longer buy Parkerized Kel-Tec pistols (personal preference).

Wilson – who’s prepared to make you a low-ball offer if & when :D
[/quote]

That's good to know :)

Sprinter - who’s prepared to make you a low-ball offer on Parkerized used pre-owned P-3ATs

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.