Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what happens, I stopped behind her and then the next thing I know is bang!:eek: I had enough room in front of me not to hit her, my training from Bellsouth driving school say always see the back tires on the ground and you are not too close, but I can not say the same for the other guys. My grandaughter and I are not hurt and know one else is. This was at 6:30 pm today on a 6 lane highway! Mine is the Mini-van

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
She stopped for a turtle??? :confused:

Never understood that mind set. Endanger everyone around you, and yourself, by swerving to miss a dumb squirrel or stopping for a turtle.

I'm glad you two are OK.

I hope she was ticketed.

·
Administrator
31,990 Posts
But... is the turtle ok? :D

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She stopped for a turtle??? :confused:

Never understood that mind set. Endanger everyone around you, and yourself, by swerving to miss a dumb squirrel or stopping for a turtle.

I'm glad you two are OK.

I hope she was ticketed.
The Red Jeep skidded 42 feet to hit the truck that hit me and the Chevy Equinox that hit her in the rear was ticketed for following too close. The F-150 was stopped behind me and was forced by impact into me and was not ticketed.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But... is the turtle ok? :D
The woman in front of me did not hit the turtle,no harm was done to the turtle, he ambled off and is happily on his way:D

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
But what about the one that stopped for the turtle???

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But what about the one that stopped for the turtle???
She drove on off and we have not seen her since. She had to hear all the thuds behind her, but she never looked back and drove on off, I did not have the wits about me to get her tag number, I was worried about my granddaughter and the others behind me to worry about the number.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Figures. Which one is smarter, the turtle or the dummy causing the accident?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Figures. Which one is smarter, the turtle or the dummy causing the accident?
We know the turtle was the smarter one, he got to the other side without getting hit;)

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
Hey Glenn,
You forgot to tell about me.

We were talking on the phone when, he said oohhmmemygod (or something like that) I been hit, bye.

I had no idea what just happened until he called me back to explain .
I didnt even know he was on a cell phone in his car, I thought he was home.
I was concerned , to say the least, soooo glad no one was hurt.

What a phone call.

Jim

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Glenn,
You forgot to tell about me.

We were talking on the phone when, he said oohhmmemygod (or something like that) I been hit, bye.

I had no idea what just happened until he called me back to explain .
I didnt even know he was on a cell phone in his car, I thought he was home.
I was concerned , to say the least, soooo glad no one was hurt.

What a phone call.

Jim
That's right, I was talking to Jim about the shoot we were planning for June 2-3 here in Georgia when I said to him "I have been hit Jim, call you back later" It scared him to death!:eek:

·
Administrator
31,990 Posts
Why did the turtle cross the road? :confused:

To start his own thread on KTOG. :cool:

·
Registered
9,399 Posts
Now wait a minute, we have a guy who is claiming some lady in a turtle caused all this? Not the guy who was talking on the phone when he should have been driving? Hummm, seems kinda fishy to me.... :rolleyes:
Glenn, I'm glad you are both ok. Be careful out there.

Lop

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
doh. I stop for turtles too, once got out and tossed the poor thing in the back cause the area was too unsafe for him. Let him go out in the woods far away. One of the nuttiest things I have seen was a young hawk with a rabbit. It was almost too heavy for the bird and he was flopping around, dropped it once, and stopped traffic both ways for about 30 seconds, then went on his way.

Glad you are ok. As I recall hitting someone in the rear in GA is automatic fault, so that should be resolved quickly (relatively) by the insurance.

I would bet that at least one of the people who did not stop was playing with something, phone, music, or other gadget.

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
For some odd reason when I read this thread this scene from Austin Powers comes to mind:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgPH0tYXJrA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

·
Registered
139 Posts
It is really sad that people who stop in the middle of the road for stupid reasons and cause many accidents, seem to almost always not get hit themselves and they drive off without being ticketed for obstructing traffic.

We were on our way to visit my step-son in Ohio early one evening, when a stupid woman driving a car with New Mexico plates decided to make a left turn in the middle of the block. Instead of pulling into the center left-turn lane, she stopped in the middle of the passing lane. I was able to stop behind her and left about 1/2 car length between my car and hers, but the Jeep behind me could not stop in time due to the road being wet and he rear-ended my car. (It was raining at the time.)

I know the woman that caused the accident heard the impact, but she continued her turn into a restaurant parking lot. -- Myself and the guy that hit me pulled into the same parking lot and I ran and caught up to the woman and her family as they were entering the restaurant. I told her "You just caused that accident back there!" - She and her husband both said, "Not our problem, we were not involved!" And they nonchalant enter the restaurant.

When the responding cop got there I told him what happened, that the woman inside the restaurant had cause the accident by stopping in the middle of the passing lane rather than stopping in the center left-turn lane and he told me that as long as her car was not hit, there was nothing he could do about it. I would have to deal with my insurance company. :mad:

The guy driving the Jeep got a ticket for failure to stop. I eventually collected from his insurance company for the repair of our car.

·
Registered
380 Posts
SO much animosity towards people that try to do good in the world, save the turtles and all. I would put money down that in every single case of stop and rear end, that they were distracted, speeding or both.

While its nice to try and find a scapegoat, the person who couldn't stop in time is in the wrong. We have responsibility as motorists to pay attention and drive with due care to avoid scraping the idiots driving around us.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts