What happened to all the pre-2003 postings?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by pertinax, May 31, 2008.

1. pertinax

pertinax New Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Just wondering; there was lots of good stuff there. Is it searchable in some way?

Thanks.

Pertinax
    (Who was there originally, a long long time ago.)

2. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    lost in a board crash far far away....

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    But not to worry - RJ and I remember everything that was on the old forum. Minds like a steel trap. Just ask. ;D

4. pertinax

pertinax New Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Yeah, well-- silly as it is, I find it bothersome that it indicates few postings and "newbie" status. I used to post a lot-- way back in the day before KT fixed their P11 trigger so that it would shoot. (If you recall, the originals couldn't be properly pulled by some people far enough back to fire. I had to build up the front of my trigger with epoxy to make the thing reliable. It's still like that, 11 years later.)

When did this board first go live? I had to have been on here prior to 1998.

5. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
  6. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
  7. pertinax

pertinax New Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Well, maybe prior to '99-- surely this board's been around longer than that? Or maybe I'm just mixing it up with rec.guns from the old days.

Regarding the trigger: I would swear that they made some change to either the thickness of the trigger, or the point where it fired (changing the angle). The early models (I have one) would not fire until the back of the trigger basically reached the frame, which was nigh on impossible for some hands. Mine being one of them. Hence the epoxy build-up. And yes, I bought one of the lighter trigger springs when they released those.

Jeez, it's a terrible thing to lose one's mind.

8. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I know this forum goes back as far as 2000 (earlier version, obviously) - maybe 99 - Alamo would know about that (before my time). Yes, old age is hell. :)

The P11 never had a trigger that was supposed to break that close to the frame.  You had a faulty gun, trigger pin, bar or something screwy.  Even today, we occassionally see one like that.  Usually, the trigger pin has moved.  That can be fixed w/o building up the trigger.  If you still have one like that, call service and see what parts they think you need.  ;)