Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
2321 - 2340 of 2346 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Still have a weird urge for one of the following, in no particular order (and still probably not happening anytime soon because ... funding :( ):

1. Ruger American Ranch Rifle OR Mossberg MVP in 5.56/.223 (keep flip-flopping on which would be better);
2. Something amusing in .22 WMR ... either another PMR-30, or a Taurus revolver, or maybe even a NAA mini-revolver, I dunno;
3. Another random 12-gauge ... for no real reason at all. Maybe a replacement coach gun or a cheap over-under, or perhaps even a weird semi-auto, I dunno;
4. ??? (this space left intentionally blank to justify future impulse purchases :D );
5. Glock 48 (as much as I say I prefer M&P's over Glocks ... well, darn it, they make 15-round mags for 'em now, and it would be a bit easier to carry than my G19, which at some point will be relegated to home defense/range toy duty, plus the trigger actually does feel a tad nicer than my issued Gen5 G17 MOS for some reason)
If I may be so bold....

1. Get the Ruger. The mossberg in 5.56 has a goofy little flap on the underside of the bolt face that feeds the rounds from the magazine. Its what turned me away from it and towards the 308 version.
2. The NAA is a very well built little bugger, but its hard to shoot because its teeny tiny. Still a lot of fun to carry it in a coin pocket of a pair of jeans.
3. I bought a Derya Lion 12 gauge semi auto, imported by Rock Island Armory for under 300 on Buds and that cheap thing runs like a hot damn. High brass, low brass, bulk, it shoots it all. Included choke tubes and two piston assemblies. Hate to say it, but functionally, it blows the doors off my 930 SPX at less than half the cost.

4 and 5 I have nothing to add.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
I've had one of the NAA's in the past, specifically an "Earl" model. It was fun, but too long to really carry in the pocket it a lot of my jeans. Anything with a shorter barrel would have just given terrible ballistics for .22 WMR, so it was pretty much just a novelty. If I get another one like it in the future, it won't be for carry. Besides, anything I get for carry purposes has to be on my department's approved list and I have to qualify with it at the range, sooooo...

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a beauty CMMG, in .308, super accurate, runs anything dependably, shoots great.
Little .223 DPMS 20" barrel, another fun gun, super accurate, light weight rifle.

Still waiting on a P17, but looking more actively now. I'm updating the P17 web page at Bud's Gun Shop once or twice a day, so still not exactly beating the bushes. I'm waiting for one to come to me, but I'm more watchful now.

I've been getting a recurring desire for a 300 BLK AR pistol. I never bought one because I bought the parts to build one. I made the mistake of buying 80% lowers, and never got around to the machining. That would make a nice winter project.

I'd wanted a CMMG Banshee in 10mm but didn't want to pay the price. I kept hoping someone would sell a good 10mm large pistol for half the price, but buying CMMG quality only hurts once and even though I'm cheap, I'm talking myself into it. They don't seem to be available in this current crazy market. Honestly, quality 30 round 10mm Glock mags has been the driving force behind this desire. Somehow, it wasn't as attractive when I only had 15 round magazines.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I really want the Rock Island Armory 1911 22TCM pistol. The 22TCM is an amazing round that beats the 57x28 in almost every way. I would rather have a Kel-Tec pistol or carbine (or both) chambered in this round for an innovative innovation, but I won't hold my breath.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I really want a Kel-tec Sub 2000 Gen 2 9mm Glock 17, but the only one I've seen in stock recently was $699 when the pre-pandemic price was around $375. I'd have to give up one of my CMR-30s to get it and I won't do that.
I found one today brand new in the box for $419. Don't have to get rid of one of my CMR 30s.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Walther PDP 🤘
Saw one of those today, somewhere a tad over $600. Looks basically like an updated PPQ, which was a great gun on its own. I had a Q5 at one point and it was quite possibly the most accurate striker-fired gun I've ever owned ... although, because I am an idiot, I traded it off about a year ago. I think the PDP I saw today was the full-size model, though, which won't take the older PPQ mags. If I went for one of those, I'd be more inclined to spring for a Compact model so mags would be easier to obtain, plus you can always poke in the larger ones from the full-size model (a-la G17 mags in a G19). I didn't handle it, though, because I was focused on the G48 that I brought home today, soooooo...

·
Registered
25 Posts

Really wanting a bolt action .22lr lately...settled on the Savage Mark II FV-SR...but then again I keep finding myself looking at CZ 455/457. I think after that a SBS 12 gauge is high on the list...

·
Registered
8,940 Posts

·
Registered
8,940 Posts
I really like my Ruger Old Army & had been thinking about getting another C&B in 36 cal. When I became aware of the Remington I knew it would fill the bill. Full steel frame with modern metalurgy makes it a good choice for me. I use Triple Seven in the OA & don't worry about blowing it up & these Italian reproductions look rock solid.

After a bit of research I zeroed in on the Uberti. Originally I leaned toward the Pietta because it was built from the same parts as the 44. Just smaller holes in the barrel & cylinder. That appealed to my "Built like a tank" Ruger sensibilities but there were downsides. The barrel is billboarded both sides & the muzzle is not crowned. And of course the utter blasphemy of cutting it down to 6.5 from 7 3/8 for the 44. This last was a deal breaker for me.

The Uberti is close to the original, the Navy 36 is smaller than the Army 44 & the barrel is 7 3/8 as it should be. The muzzle is crowned unlike the Pietta & is marked on the underside hidden by the loading lever, From what I've seen online (FWIW) the Uberti has better cosmetic fit & finish. The price difference is not that much.

You guys on here with Uberties seem to be impressed so there's that.

I've got notifications in at Midway & Bud's, watches going on Gunbroker & Gunauction.com. Now I wait.

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
Rat, I'm one of those who is so impressed with my Uberti. I've got two and they are both great guns. I have no reference to any other replicas so I don't know if they are better or worse than others, I'm just VERY happy with mine.

lop

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Problem is I like unusual or interesting guns and I don’t really have a use-case for a revolver…
There are plenty of oddball revolvers around. Most of which are going to be prior to the dominance of the swing out cylinder.
The LeMat is a good example.

2321 - 2340 of 2346 Posts