Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

2321 - 2326 of 2326 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Still have a weird urge for one of the following, in no particular order (and still probably not happening anytime soon because ... funding :( ):

1. Ruger American Ranch Rifle OR Mossberg MVP in 5.56/.223 (keep flip-flopping on which would be better);
2. Something amusing in .22 WMR ... either another PMR-30, or a Taurus revolver, or maybe even a NAA mini-revolver, I dunno;
3. Another random 12-gauge ... for no real reason at all. Maybe a replacement coach gun or a cheap over-under, or perhaps even a weird semi-auto, I dunno;
4. ??? (this space left intentionally blank to justify future impulse purchases :D );
5. Glock 48 (as much as I say I prefer M&P's over Glocks ... well, darn it, they make 15-round mags for 'em now, and it would be a bit easier to carry than my G19, which at some point will be relegated to home defense/range toy duty, plus the trigger actually does feel a tad nicer than my issued Gen5 G17 MOS for some reason)
If I may be so bold....

1. Get the Ruger. The mossberg in 5.56 has a goofy little flap on the underside of the bolt face that feeds the rounds from the magazine. Its what turned me away from it and towards the 308 version.
2. The NAA is a very well built little bugger, but its hard to shoot because its teeny tiny. Still a lot of fun to carry it in a coin pocket of a pair of jeans.
3. I bought a Derya Lion 12 gauge semi auto, imported by Rock Island Armory for under 300 on Buds and that cheap thing runs like a hot damn. High brass, low brass, bulk, it shoots it all. Included choke tubes and two piston assemblies. Hate to say it, but functionally, it blows the doors off my 930 SPX at less than half the cost.

4 and 5 I have nothing to add.

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
For those who mentioned the AR-7, see what Dan Haga Designs has made for that platform.

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
I've had one of the NAA's in the past, specifically an "Earl" model. It was fun, but too long to really carry in the pocket it a lot of my jeans. Anything with a shorter barrel would have just given terrible ballistics for .22 WMR, so it was pretty much just a novelty. If I get another one like it in the future, it won't be for carry. Besides, anything I get for carry purposes has to be on my department's approved list and I have to qualify with it at the range, sooooo...

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a beauty CMMG, in .308, super accurate, runs anything dependably, shoots great.
Little .223 DPMS 20" barrel, another fun gun, super accurate, light weight rifle.
IMG_0524.JPG

Still waiting on a P17, but looking more actively now. I'm updating the P17 web page at Bud's Gun Shop once or twice a day, so still not exactly beating the bushes. I'm waiting for one to come to me, but I'm more watchful now.

I've been getting a recurring desire for a 300 BLK AR pistol. I never bought one because I bought the parts to build one. I made the mistake of buying 80% lowers, and never got around to the machining. That would make a nice winter project.

I'd wanted a CMMG Banshee in 10mm but didn't want to pay the price. I kept hoping someone would sell a good 10mm large pistol for half the price, but buying CMMG quality only hurts once and even though I'm cheap, I'm talking myself into it. They don't seem to be available in this current crazy market. Honestly, quality 30 round 10mm Glock mags has been the driving force behind this desire. Somehow, it wasn't as attractive when I only had 15 round magazines.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I really want the Rock Island Armory 1911 22TCM pistol. The 22TCM is an amazing round that beats the 57x28 in almost every way. I would rather have a Kel-Tec pistol or carbine (or both) chambered in this round for an innovative innovation, but I won't hold my breath.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I really want a Kel-tec Sub 2000 Gen 2 9mm Glock 17, but the only one I've seen in stock recently was $699 when the pre-pandemic price was around $375. I'd have to give up one of my CMR-30s to get it and I won't do that.
I found one today brand new in the box for $419. Don't have to get rid of one of my CMR 30s.

2321 - 2326 of 2326 Posts