Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

2301 - 2320 of 2326 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Looking to get another revolver. Want a Ruger for the range and target shooting. Really looking for a single action but got side tracked looking at the DA offerings from Ruger. Getting close to selecting one. Went last week but like others the stores are out of stock.

·
Registered
53 Posts
A second AR15, so the wife has one. Looking at another Ruger AR556 or a Radical Firearms RF15. And, either another Ruger P95, so we are using the same magazine's, or 2 new hi cap 9MM pistols. Probably the latter because a P95 I found at auction went for over $600, last week. I can get 2 SAR B6 or CM9 pistols for that. Nice CZ clones built under license in Turkey. Damn Ruger for dumping the P series and going all striker. And, if they ever build it, the Kel Tec multi tube shotgun, in semi auto.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I really want a Kel-tec Sub 2000 Gen 2 9mm Glock 17, but the only one I've seen in stock recently was $699 when the pre-pandemic price was around $375. I'd have to give up one of my CMR-30s to get it and I won't do that.

·
Registered
747 Posts
A second AR15, so the wife has one. Looking at another Ruger AR556 or a Radical Firearms RF15. And, either another Ruger P95, so we are using the same magazine's, or 2 new hi cap 9MM pistols. Probably the latter because a P95 I found at auction went for over $600, last week. I can get 2 SAR B6 or CM9 pistols for that. Nice CZ clones built under license in Turkey. Damn Ruger for dumping the P series and going all striker. And, if they ever build it, the Kel Tec multi tube shotgun, in semi auto.
I love my Radical arms firearms!

1000% agreed

·
9,946 Posts
I love my Radical arms firearms!
I have a 50 Beowulf Radical Firearms AR-15. Well, actually 12.7X42 to avoid legal issues, but functionally 50 Beowulf. Beast Mode: ON. It's been 100% reliable. That may ease concerns over buying a low cost AR from Radical Firearms.

As for my current wants... I'm still on a slow motion acquisition of a P17. I'm not shooting much lately so I can wait for the price to come down as the supply catches up to the demand. That usually results in getting more of the rolling upgrades, too.

·
Registered
148 Posts
A working p32 :(

eyeing a Taurus CT9 as well. Would also like a 30-30 or a 45-70
What what its worth, last friday I took my unfired P32 that KT replaced after I sent in my old gen1 to break it in. I shot a perfectly flawless 100 rounds of PPU 71 gr fmj followed by a flawless 100 rounds of Fiocchi 73 gr fmj. Delighted with the new P32. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
What what its worth, last friday I took my unfired P32 that KT replaced after I sent in my old gen1 to break it in. I shot a perfectly flawless 100 rounds of PPU 71 gr fmj followed by a flawless 100 rounds of Fiocchi 73 gr fmj. Delighted with the new P32. :)
Time will tell if they will fix it or upgrade it or whatever. I just need a dang 32!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Lately, I have a terrible hankering for a Marlin 39A lever .22 rifle. Maybe with Ruger taking over Marlin from Remington, they will soon be available again with a decent price and good quality. I also want a Rossi Rio Bravo lever .22 and the Rossi 92 lever in .357 mag.

·
Registered
8,412 Posts
I'm not sure I'd count on Ruger bumping up quality. The bean counters are in control there as well. "Built like a tank" kinda conflicts with maximizing profits.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Lately, I have a terrible hankering for a Marlin 39A lever .22 rifle. Maybe with Ruger taking over Marlin from Remington, they will soon be available again with a decent price and good quality. I also want a Rossi Rio Bravo lever .22 and the Rossi 92 lever in .357 mag.
Marlin leverguns were kinda like Colt revolvers. Lots of hand fitting. Thats why Remington had such a hard time when they fired all the employees and moved the company. I don't have a recent Remlin so I don't know what they did in the end to make good rifles. The question will be if the info was recorded at Remington and if Ruger receives it with what they bought. I wish the Kenna family never sold Marlin.

·
9,946 Posts
Still waiting on a P17, but looking more actively now. I'm updating the P17 web page at Bud's Gun Shop once or twice a day, so still not exactly beating the bushes. I'm waiting for one to come to me, but I'm more watchful now.

I've been getting a recurring desire for a 300 BLK AR pistol. I never bought one because I bought the parts to build one. I made the mistake of buying 80% lowers, and never got around to the machining. That would make a nice winter project.

I'd wanted a CMMG Banshee in 10mm but didn't want to pay the price. I kept hoping someone would sell a good 10mm large pistol for half the price, but buying CMMG quality only hurts once and even though I'm cheap, I'm talking myself into it. They don't seem to be available in this current crazy market. Honestly, quality 30 round 10mm Glock mags has been the driving force behind this desire. Somehow, it wasn't as attractive when I only had 15 round magazines.

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
Still have a weird urge for one of the following, in no particular order (and still probably not happening anytime soon because ... funding :( ):

1. Ruger American Ranch Rifle OR Mossberg MVP in 5.56/.223 (keep flip-flopping on which would be better);
2. Something amusing in .22 WMR ... either another PMR-30, or a Taurus revolver, or maybe even a NAA mini-revolver, I dunno;
3. Another random 12-gauge ... for no real reason at all. Maybe a replacement coach gun or a cheap over-under, or perhaps even a weird semi-auto, I dunno;
4. ??? (this space left intentionally blank to justify future impulse purchases :D );
5. Glock 48 (as much as I say I prefer M&P's over Glocks ... well, darn it, they make 15-round mags for 'em now, and it would be a bit easier to carry than my G19, which at some point will be relegated to home defense/range toy duty, plus the trigger actually does feel a tad nicer than my issued Gen5 G17 MOS for some reason)

2301 - 2320 of 2326 Posts