Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

2281 - 2300 of 2326 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
After over a decade of acquiring some pretty great weapons, I've still yet to own an actual AR-15 unless you count the XCR or the SU-16C.

I've picked up an 80% lower and I like the looks of this MagPul kit, but the new budget's a pill.

Hoping the prices don't skyrocket again before I can pick it up.

If anyone knows where there's a better deal on a MagPul rifle kit (everything except lower receiver), let me know.

I'd also like to build an AR pistol ~10" with a "Blade" arm brace. Same with an AK pistol.

After that, perhaps a nice AR-10 outfit, or a HOWA bolt action .308 to build around? :cool:

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/00173RKT100MLOK/Del-Ton-AR-15-Magpul-MLOK-Rifle-Kit--16"-M4-Carbine-(Complete-Upper-and-Lower-Parts-Kit-and-Black
www.palmettostatearmory.com

Keep an eye out for their sales. If anybody finds some place cheaper, please let me know. The do put the Magpul kits on sale regularly.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The new Ruger LCR 327 Federal Magnum.

·
Registered
832 Posts

Bought this glock 19 gen 2 yesterday and took it to the indoor range today. Great shooter. Ran flawlessly with wwb ammo. Goes through ammo quickly and is a fun range gun.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The lack of finger grooves are nice on the gen 2 glocks. Sadly the light rail was absent on those frames so if not being able to easily mount a light isn't a deal breaker I say go for it.

I actually had a Gen 2 (G22) with a light rail on it years ago. I think it was right as they started switching from Gen 2 to 3. I have only seen the one I had that was like it. I cannot believe I let that one go. I look all the time in hopes of finding one like it and have never seen it mentioned anywhere by Glock. I think I let a rare bird free......

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got this 629 with a 3 inch barrel for christmas. I had one years ago and traded it and had regretted it ever since.

Thanks to the wife and kids

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
I got it.

The new Ruger LCR 327 Federal Magnum.
Quick update. I got one late last year at Buds Gun Shop. Great gun. It's in my EDC rotation.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Super 14 in .223 neighbor wanted to get rid of couldn't help myself fun flame thrower .Ohio let us deer hunters use straight wall cartridge's for deer so the 45-70 was a given after using a Savage single shot 20gage -22 mag since the 70's . Lot of people unloading guns in need of cash .First new guns since 80's and that one was a wva deer getter Ruger 77RSI in .243 .

·
Registered
218 Posts
327 Federal Magnum Muzzle Blast.

Toakey how is the muzzle blast compared to the 357?
I'll be honest, when I'm shooting I'm not normally aware of what's happening at the end of the muzzle. I guess I'm concentrating too hard on the sights and target. That being said, when something unusal happens it normally registers on my brain. For example, the first time I shot a North American Arms 22 magnum (Pug) I was amazed at the flames/flash that came out of the barrel and how loud the gun was (the gun size may not scare a burgler but the report surely will). Another example is that when I shoot certain ammo my mind will recognize much more smoke than most other brands/types of ammo. That being said I don't think the muzzle blast/flash is significantly different than the 357 snub nose. As for perceived recoil, I think the 327 is very comparable to the 357. Of course felt recoil is a function of many factors such as gun weight, ammo specs, etc. My son and I went to the range a couple weeks ago and he shot the Ruger 327 LCR and he didn't think the recoil was as quite as bad as his 357 Taurus. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am looking at either the Canik TP9SA or the Sar CM 9. Most likely the latter...I like hammer guns. But that darned Canik is tempting the hell out of me.

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
Not sure exactly, but things that kinda tickle my fancy that I'm considering - not ALL of them, just can't quite decide between the following. (It's gonna be awhile, anyway. Money's all tied up in other things):

1. PMR-30 (specifically a two-tone silver/black, if I can find one again)
2. 3" Ruger LCRx .22 WMR (maybe ... or not, I dunno)
3. 2" NAA Ranger II (or maybe another "Earl" like I had before)
4. Mossberg 930 JM Edition (good luck finding one nowadays) or some other semi-auto 12-gauge
5. Mossberg MVP (in 5.56/.223)

2281 - 2300 of 2326 Posts