Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

961 - 980 of 981 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
Please stop! this thread is
"What gun did you buy today?"
start another thread to fight over personal issues.
Rice, with all respect to you, in forum etiquette, you have trolled your non related issue here. You are trolling. Please stop.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Please stop! this thread is
"What gun did you buy today?"
start another thread to fight over personal issues.
Rice, with all respect to you, in forum etiquette, you have trolled your non related issue here. You are trolling. Please stop.
iamscottasus, we quit arguing several posts ago. Now we are just talking Vietnam.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
I apologize.
it took me that long to write it so when i posted yall had moved on already

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
iamscottasus, we quit arguing several posts ago. Now we are just talking Vietnam.
I didn't have 'Nam vets in my family but I married my "made in Vietnam" wife, whos family had fled from the north, were boat people, and whos father briefly served in the southern army. I get a lot of education from them.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Shot it yet?
I have read only good things. except the stock isn't swapable, is that right?
Not yet. Stock is proprietary, but I got a Shockwave Blade in case I decide to change for the SB brace on the same tube. But so far I'm liking the feel just the way it is. It seems easy/comfy and quick to mount. Just got the Bushnell TRS-25 red dot and a riser to make it co-witness with the MBUS. Got a Hogue grip and a Levang Comp also. I'll update when I get to the range, but it might be a while. Surgery coming this Friday.

·
Grand Poobah
1,360 Posts
I bought me a cat.
My cat pleased me.
I fired my cat under yonder tree.
My cat says "bangy-bang-bang!" (*)

*Apologies to the folks who came up with the folk song: I Bought Me a Cat, and composer Aaron Copland, who wrote a tune and orchestral accompaniment for it as part of Old American Songs.

Springfield Hellcats hanging out in my reloading room. (Click to enlarge.)
Hellcats.JPG
The bottom one is the first one I bought. I liked it so much, I snapped up the second one a few weeks later. Both have been flawless with various 124 gr FMJ rounds and Remington 124 gr Golden Saber and Federal 124 gr HST. Both are the OSP variant with a cutout in the slide to accept a red dot sight. The bottom one is going to get the JPoint red dot in the picture, as soon as the screws come in from Springfield. I thought the screws that hold the cover plate on would be used for the optic, but no... The sights co-witness at the bottom, and are usable through the optic. Both have front night sights. For some reason, the top one's is significantly brighter. The other one is adequate and I wouldn't have suspected any possible problem with it had I not gotten the second. Hopefully the tritium is not leaking out, and it just has less phosphor.

The trigger is about like a Glock's, maybe a little crisper. Being striker-fired, there is no hammer spring in the grip, so this is smaller than the P-11's. The pistol is 3.9 ounces heavier than the P-11. The shooter's hand is closer to the bore axis which reduces muzzle flip. The increase in weight and better grip geometry make it considerably more pleasant to shoot than the P-11 and PF-9. The Hellcats are now dominating my EDC rotation, augmenting my PF-9 and Beretta 84FS. 13+1 rounds of 9 mm (with the magazine shown) in a package basically intermediate in size between the P-11 and PF-9 is hard to beat. With the 13-round magazine installed, the grip is longer than a P-11's. The flush-fit magazine holds 11 rounds and makes the grip slightly shorter than a P-11's, and comes with an optional pinky extension baseplate which makes the grip slightly longer than a P-11's when it is installed.

buzzsaw

·
Registered
494 Posts
I've been debating a small 9mm, sig 365, p11, p9, hellcat and had just about decided on a p9, but for the trigger guard opening size when out of the blue someone offered me a p11. they were asking what i felt was a fair price adding in what all he had done in mcarbo upgrades and I took it. the price is not going to impoverish me and it has weight and double strike as things i really like. now the wait for delivery and a search for some 9mm ammo that doesn't cost more than the gun...

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
I am looking fir a striker or DA .380 with the dimensions of the Colt .380 1911.
An antique would be a consideration.
I don't like 1911 cock & lock for AIWB.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
won an auction for a lcp 2 lite rack .22 lr. Got it for a fair price. Waiting on it to arrive at the FFL.

Looking forward to seeing if it performs like the reviewers on the interweb. I've not had a .22 lr auto for a while now and have come to miss it during these expensive ammo days. Second purpose will be to see if the wife might like it. She's been complaining about the size and recoil of her Bersa .380.

My Pocket carry TCP 738 is going back to the factory for 3rd time now. So, this is either going to be one of 2 lcp2's or I'm gonna chase down a p32.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
FWIW, I would get the P32 instead of a second LCP2 simply for the fact that .32 ACP is more reliable as a centerfire cartridge (versus .22 LR's rimfire design, which is inherently less reliable), as well as the better terminal ballistics. Recoil on the P32 is negligible. It doesn't beat up your hand at all. Sure, it jumps a bit more than an equivalent .22 LR pistol, but it's NOWHERE near as snappy as .380 ACP out of an LCP. Plus, .32 ACP FMJ - which doubles both as practice and carry ammo in that caliber - is still readily available and holding steady in pricing at most places, whereas .22 LR is going up in price and down in availability.

Just my $0.02. :)

As for the gun I bought today ... er, yesterday ... but ... well ... okay, technically I bought it a week or so ago, but the parts to assemble it finally came yesterday, and I just now got to open them and check everything out. Basically, it's a mostly-plain-jane AR with an Aero Precision lower and (I think) a complete Bushmaster carbine upper with quad rail, plus a Magpul stock I had laying around. Gotta find the time between shifts to poke the lower together and then decide what kinda optic to plop on top. I could post pics, but ... who wants to see a small pile of plastic baggies and bubble wrap? :D

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Went with rimfires today. :)

Traded in the 6.5" Taurus 692 (shot fine, but the 9mm advantage is meaningless when it costs as much as .38/.357 and is nearly impossible to find in stock) and the 9.5" Ruger Single Six Buntline (again, shot fine, but ... well, it was honestly kinda boring to shoot). Wanted something I would enjoy shooting AND actually be able to buy ammo for it (and/or I already have a ton on-hand). Needed something in .22 WMR, and I missed that old NAA "Earl" mini-revolver I had years ago, so I found the closest thing: the 6" NAA Hog Leg (.22 WMR only). Same as the Earl, just a bit longererer, which makes it more gooderer. :D

(stock photo because I'm lazy :p )

Also had a bunch of trade-in money left over, so I also picked up a "used" but new-in-box Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22. Didn't have a semi-auto .22 LR rifle, and since I can't play much with my "real" AR's because 5.56/.223 is scarce/expensive, but I have LOTS of .22 LR on hand (and can still find it in stores ... for now), it seemed like a good alternative. Also, it's a "scary" black rifle which, in and of itself, justifies the purchase. :D Came with some nice Magpul flip-up sights but only one mag, so I've gotta see if I can track down some more for it online or locally...

(again, stock photo because ... lazy)

·
Registered
732 Posts
Went with rimfires today. :)

Traded in the 6.5" Taurus 692 (shot fine, but the 9mm advantage is meaningless when it costs as much as .38/.357 and is nearly impossible to find in stock) and the 9.5" Ruger Single Six Buntline (again, shot fine, but ... well, it was honestly kinda boring to shoot). Wanted something I would enjoy shooting AND actually be able to buy ammo for it (and/or I already have a ton on-hand). Needed something in .22 WMR, and I missed that old NAA "Earl" mini-revolver I had years ago, so I found the closest thing: the 6" NAA Hog Leg (.22 WMR only). Same as the Earl, just a bit longererer, which makes it more gooderer. :D

(stock photo because I'm lazy :p )

Also had a bunch of trade-in money left over, so I also picked up a "used" but new-in-box Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22. Didn't have a semi-auto .22 LR rifle, and since I can't play much with my "real" AR's because 5.56/.223 is scarce/expensive, but I have LOTS of .22 LR on hand (and can still find it in stores ... for now), it seemed like a good alternative. Also, it's a "scary" black rifle which, in and of itself, justifies the purchase. :D Came with some nice Magpul flip-up sights but only one mag, so I've gotta see if I can track down some more for it online or locally...

(again, stock photo because ... lazy)

Cool mini hawgleg. I have had a 15/22 for several years it’s boring. Boringly accurate and boringly reliable, no fluff and buff needed;)

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
I think it's the "reload time VS shooting time ratio" of single-action revolvers that usually turns me off. They look cool and all, and they're fun to shoot, but loading and unloading is tedious. Most double-action revolvers I find more enjoyable because loading/unloading takes like 1/3 the time. That's what's nice about the little NAA revolvers: poking out empties with the center pin and then dropping them into the removed cylinder before poking it back into the frame actually takes like 1/2 the time VS the whole "rotate-click, poke, rotate-click, poke" then "poke, rotate-click, poke" routine for unload/load. Even after just 50 rounds with casual plinking, it gets kinda ... bleh. Being able to just drop the whole cylinder out is sorta like the ol' Pale Rider reload ... almost. (Heck, the Hog Leg even looks like a baby version of the Remington 1858. :) )

·
Registered
223 Posts
A Glock 44. Since I’m only shooting 22’s nowadays I figured I’d add another one to the stable.

Reactions: darkwriter77

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
I scoffed at those when they came out because of the 10-round mag capacity. But now that 9mm is so scarce/expensive ... a G44 might be on my near future list. Or maybe a Taurus TX22 ... if I can ever find one on hand...

·
Registered
239 Posts
I bought a Mossberg 715 Tactical for $250 NIB with a green dot and an extra 25 round mag for a total of two mags. I love shooting my 702 Plinkster but nobody sells a tactical conversion for it so I've had my eye on the 715 for a few years. I sold my plinkster with scope and three 25 round mags to a friend today for $200. I think they share the same internals, so I hope I haven't messed up.

961 - 980 of 981 Posts