Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

921 - 940 of 981 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Very nice looking pair. Congratulations. They have always struck me as fine looking firearms.
Enjoy them. Beretta did a good job with the 81BB just my opinion.

·
Administrator
31,920 Posts
That's a nice pair of Cheetahs.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
we will require a range report on that one
... would have driven 6 hours.
nice score. what kind of person buys something like that and for 12 years never fired the thing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I thought the samething. Not a brass mark on the extractor or powered residue on the trigger pack at all. Super weird. Now I dont want to shoot it

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yesterday, at the Sharonville Gun Show, I sold a S&W Shield 2.0 in 9mm and used the proceeds to buy a Glock43. The handle on the Shield, with the 8 round mag, prints with too many of my shirts. I’ll put either a Magguts 1 round extension or a Taran Tactical 2 round extension on the G43 mags and feel comfortable with the capacity. Plus it will be a “little” lighter to carry.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
This thread's needin' some updating. I know it's tough to find anything in stock nowadays with all of the ongoing silliness in general in the world, but I'm sure y'all have found SOME little treasures since ... what ... February? :)

Sooooo, the more I got to reading about the RAS47 and all of the problems folks have been having with theirs - especially the lower serial number ones, which included mine - the more I realized I had a rifle that was likely a matter of WHEN and not IF it would fail on me. (Given, I'd only put maybe 10 mags at the most through mine and it hadn't even so much as had a bobble or hiccup, but still...) Wellllllll, I've been looking for a good reason to make me give it up, and boy, I found a nice one today. Soooo, once I'd finally located what I figured was a fitting upgrade, the time was right and I jumped on it ... and actually got more in trade than I paid for the RAS47 brand new. :eek: (Still had to pay $150 outta pocket for the difference in cost, but hey ... worth it!)

So, into my trunk this lil' guy went and came home with me: a Zastava M70AB2T.

Cleaned it up (pretty filthy inside), swapped the muzzle brake for the 3-port I had in my parts box, poked on a nicer Pmag, aaaaand ... yeah. Into the safe it went. :D

Just need to find a decent sling for it and some proper wood furniture - the poly stuff on there doesn't allow the stock to click into position because it doesn't have the little cutout underneath. (I might be able to grind out an opening for it, buuuuuut ... I'd rather not. Besides ... wood's purty. :D )

·
Registered
301 Posts
Ruger Precision Rimfire in 22 WMR, and got my second suppressor a few weeks back. Texas Silencer Company Scoundrel, *only* 219 days wait, which I think is mildly impressive considering the pandemic and all.
20200703_163857.jpg

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Well, actually it was yesterday. But this is the newest acquisition. And the Pistol-not-rifle is the day before. Taurus G3C and another little PSA PDW.
Taurus_G3c_1-G3C931-10_QL.png
AR Pistol 2 (7).JPG

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've been busy... Prepping for 3 Gun season and got a new small bore match rifle... 20200702_205757.jpg Message_1575683813048.jpg 20191214_171102.jpg IMG-20200217-WA0004.jpeg

Ruger Precision Rimfire 22lr with a Riton 22lr scope and qd mount.

MC312 Turkish Benelli M2

Walther Q5 Match with DPP, ZR Tactical guide rod\Glock spring conversion with TF Magwell and mags

And I built an AR with 100% clearance bin parts except for the JPE adjustable gas block and the Mako GL Shock stock. I achieved my goal of an AR build with absolutely 0 recoil.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Well let's see. Been a bit since i posted in this thread. But last week i scored a Canik TP9 elite combat executive. After some extra lube i finally got the failures to extract to stop.
And i scored a lovely Sig MPX COPPERHEAD. Shoots unbelievably soft, .22 soft!
Saddly i i dont have enough 9mm stocked up to break them in good.
I mean i have it but I don't want to shoot it all up, given the cost of ammo now.
Oh, and i scored 400 rounds for my M1 carbine! Pick it up tomorrow. I cant wait! Been a while since she's been out of the safe.
And last month i got 3 cans which are in jail

·
Registered
218 Posts
Bought, but haven't received it yet, a Ruger 10/22 International with the Mannlicher style stock. I have a Mossberg 151M(a) and have always liked the looks of the full length stock.

I'm gonna have to buy another safe!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I bought a used styer aug usr had to take the day off of work and drive 4 hours to get it. Purchased in 2008. And never shot
Nice AUG. When the ban was announced on the AUG (and many others) during the Clinton years, my brother went to the big gun show in Jackson, Ms and bought an AUG 5.56, a Galil in .308, and a Streetsweeper 12 ga one after the other in a single trip. I shot the AUG and had a ball with it. If you look closely, you will see the tiny crude iron sights cast into either end of the scope tube. Yes, they are only about 7 inches apart. My brother didn't like the Streetsweeper because he claimed it fired so fast he often had it fire twice when he only wanted one shot - I believe he needed to practice his trigger control. I never got to play with the Galil. Since he passed away, I presume his kids wound up with his collection. Too bad because they would have no idea what they were really worth and probably sold them for peanuts. :(

Hey, I just remembered, my brother had given my dad his Berretta .380 (14 round capacity) and my dad asked me to take to that same gun show and see if I could trade it for something he would like. I swapped it even for a brand new, in-the-box Winchester Model 70 .30-06 Featherlight - not a pre-64 model 70 but still a good rifle. It sits in my closet today still unfired. Have to wring that rifle out one of these days....

My gosh how time slips away.....

·
Grand Poobah
2,252 Posts
Not a Gun, but I found an empty Gun Box, LOL.
The buyer didn't even keep the registration card or the instruction booklet.
I also saved our very old church sign from the trash too..
Nothing like God and guns !!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,690 Posts
Picked up a very lightly used Smoke frame Remington R51 from an online friend.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

921 - 940 of 981 Posts