Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Agree with those who said too many guns bought and sold over the decades.

However, in the spirit of the thread - those that just "didn't work out".
Yes, too many to count. The most recent was a SIG P290RS in 380ACP. Had been trying to find one for some time, finally found one that was new old stock. Only made one range trip. It just didn't fit me well. Didn't feel right. Cleaned it and sold it immediately. Lost some $ but I never fret about that when trying something new or indulge my spontaneous nature. Plus I don't have a big selection of rentals I'm interested in locally.

The worst was a new Kahr P380. The FFL (my range) talked down the Kahr so badly, said they were nothing but trouble in his rental fleet and also for many customer that it really freaked me out. Never even fired it, sold it off.

Whenever I try 380 pistols, its always with the thought of upgrading caliber over the 32ACP P-32. Never works out with the exception of the Beretta Pico. Carried that for awhile but in the end it's always back to the trusty P-32.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Kahr has had a few "known issues" (factory corrected, btw), but my own have been flawless. Two PM9s, two PM45s, would get a CT45 if I could find one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I also got rid of a S&W 40VE. Never made it through a full mag without a jam. Also had an early Glock 36 that just wouldn't feed. I tried another G36 years later and that one was perfect. But mine, no. @CharlieB - how do you like the Ruger American 45?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I love the older Rugers. I bought a P-94 and I could not make a group even off a rest. No one at the local range could put the bullets into a 6 inch circle at 25 feet. Five different people that were shoot target handguns. Sent it back to Ruger and they sent it back with a test target with one big hole. Said 10 yards with CCI Blazer ammo. I swapped it right there for a new Glock 23 gen 2. I shoot it as good or better than all but one of my many hand guns. A S&W 66 no dash target model. That is one SWEET shooting hand gun. Also sold a early P-89 that I should have kept. It was a very good shooting gun but told my wife I would sell it so...Sold a Tarus G2 that did not fit me and a Kahr MK-9 that would unload the spare mags. into me console as I drove down the street. 😥 😥 😥

Steve

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Well I panicked and traded a Marlin 357 lever action carbine and a 357 3 screw Ruger Blackhawk in on a DPMS LR 308. Had to pay a little cash to boot. Now I got 2 Black rifles. A 5.56 and a 308 NATO ( Win). I finally got the yard mowed and the leaves mulched with the help of my wife. If the 20 mile an hour wind will slow down a little, I may get to shoot it. I hope that I will not get a knock on the door and find an BATF man standing there to collect my BLACK GUNS in a few months. Most of my guns will be illegal if the ruling party has there way. 😖 😖😖
Steve

·
Registered
592 Posts
a .25 of some kind. Still have a box or 2 of .25 ammo around I should sell. Probably get a few $ for it. A Bursa .380, nice gun but boat anchor heavy and limited # of rounds, One of the old .22's that mimics a luger. May have traded that for a taurus 66 .357 stainless with 6" barrel. sold that to an airforce guy, just didn't like the long barrel. those transactions were long ago and pretty much could then afford to keep even ones I wasn't in love with. Oh also sold a CMP RI Model 1903(higb SN). decided sights were crazy to use and I would never shoot it. used the money for another Garand

·
Registered
592 Posts
a .25 of some kind. Still have a box or 2 of .25 ammo around I should sell. Probably get a few $ for it. A Bursa .380, nice gun but boat anchor heavy and limited # of rounds, One of the old .22's that mimics a luger. May have traded that for a taurus 66 .357 stainless with 6" barrel. sold that to an airforce guy, just didn't like the long barrel. those transactions were long ago and pretty much could then afford to keep even ones I wasn't in love with. Oh also sold a CMP RI Model 1903(higb SN). decided sights were crazy to use and I would never shoot it. used the money for another Garand
Oh my. and a marlin 39-A Just didn't work for me. Too long, too heavy, IDK, just didn't work. replaced it with a Remington nylon 66 that will get willed to my son or a grand kid if one appears. It is what I think a .22 rifle should be. light, accurate, maintenance free. I should see what it would cost to get all the steel nitrided to make it truely maintenance free

·
Registered
549 Posts
My first pistol purchase was a SW airlite revolver in .357. I was thinking concealment and firepower. I enjoyed it for the first 10 rounds, then found the experience more work more than pleasure.

Too much kick, for such a light weapon. I also did not enjoy reloading every five rounds. I chose a revolver to ensure I never had a malfunction. My revolver actually jammed, firing hollow points. Internet searches later revealed that only FMJ can be used in the airlite as the severe vibrations cause others to slide slightly out of the shell casing, making them too long, jamming the revolver. I could not even open the action to remove the round without using tools. I sold it and got enough money to purchase two P32s that I have been very happy with for over a thousand flawless rounds.

So, what gun did you buy, fire, and decide right then and there to sell?
Mine was the EAA Witness in 10mm. Great looking and good shooting pistol and got it for a good price, but it was HEAVY, HEAVY, HEAVY - I already had two Glocks in 10mm and sold the EAA right after I bought it.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Bought a Black Aces Tactical Pro L, a lever-action 12-gauge shotgun, completely on impulse a couple of weeks ago. Never took it to the range, never fired a live round through it. Cycled a few snap caps through it. Immediately started asking myself what the heck I was thinking. Traded it in yesterday at a loss and got a Mossberg 500 Marinecote in even trade. No regrets there. The Black Aces felt kinda so-so, honestly. Ejected snap caps very lazily, just sorta pooped 'em out the side lazier than my Gen4 Glock 21 drools out .40 S&W shells with the 10mm conversion barrel in place (that is, just BARELY clearing the ejection port). Lever beat up my knuckles more than any of my other levers. Loading gate had the typical "say goodbye to the cuticle skin on your thumb/fingers" thing that Remingtons and others of the like have. Visually, it was a nice-looking shotgun, and it felt nice to hold, but ... ehhh. Again, kept questioning the whole time why the heck I bought it in the first place and lost a hundred bucks or so in the process.

Anyway. I have another silver Mossberg, sooooo ... yayyy for that.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts