Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first pistol purchase was a SW airlite revolver in .357.  I was thinking concealment and firepower.  I enjoyed it for the first 10 rounds, then found the experience more work more than pleasure.  

Too much kick, for such a light weapon.  I also did not enjoy reloading every five rounds.  I chose a revolver to ensure I never had a malfunction.  My revolver actually jammed, firing hollow points.  Internet searches later revealed that only FMJ can be used in the airlite as the severe vibrations cause others to slide slightly out of the shell casing, making them too long, jamming the revolver.  I could not even open the action to remove the round without using tools.  I sold it and got enough money to purchase two P32s that I have been very happy with for over a thousand flawless rounds.

So, what gun did you buy, fire, and decide right then and there to sell?

·
Registered
14,984 Posts
Re: What gun did you buy,fire,&decide rt then to s

none, but the only guns I ever sold were 2 PF-9's.

too many trips home to mother.no results for repair.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts

the only one was a cap n ball ...

I really didn't sell it, my parents did while I was recovering from a fast fuse cannon incident :-[

·
Registered
305 Posts

Had a New England Arms single shot synthetic stocked 3 1/2" 12 gauge. A very light weight gun. 3 1/2" turkey loads out of that gun kicked the snot out of me and I'm not normally a sissy to recoil.

·
Registered
9,407 Posts

Should we rename this thread "guns I wouldn't have if you paid me. Lite"?

·
Registered
4,143 Posts

I've only ever gotten rid of 3 guns...

One was an "extra" P-11, which was used to finance my first wheel gun.

That first wheel gun was sent to a close friend, when I acquired my ruger SP-101. Used. ;)

The first gun I sold was my Hi-Point carbine, the day after I took it apart to clean it. I was mad. ;D

I spent the next 2 years looking to find a good deal on one to have one back!

:cool:

·
Registered
608 Posts

Smith 442 airweight DAO. As light as it was (nasty recoil), with a trigger that never felt right, I couldn't get accurate. Tried a laser grip (idiot - if I can't get accurate w/o a laser, how can I be accurate WITH a laser). I wanted a revolver for a step between my P32 and a 1911, and just never liked the gun. After 2 boxes of 158gr .38 sp, I had a bruise on my hand, and was ready to sell it.

I happened to spot a used Kimber Ultra CDP II in a case at my local FLGS for a price I didn't think I'd ever see, and traded the Smith towards the Kimber without even thinking about it. I never looked back.

Later, I found a blued full weight model 85 ("used" - but never been fired) for under $200, and bought it. DA/SA and the heavier frame makes this Taurus a dream to shoot - and it fits in the holsters I had for the Smith.

YMMV

·
Registered
4,447 Posts

lop said:
Should we rename this thread "guns I wouldn't have if you paid me. Lite"?
How about.. "Guns I shouldn't of had, but did so that you could pay me"?

I've never sold a gun yet..

The closest thing I ever did to getting rid of a gun, was buying a p-22 3 inch mod. for a father's gift to my dad.

·
Registered
9,407 Posts

I buoght a high point 9mm to save on ammo costs. For what 200 rounds of .44 mag cost, I bought 200 rounds of 9mm and a gun to shoot them. Go to Onlinedictionarywithpictures.com and look up "butt ugly gun". You can see its picture. My problem with it was 1:20 miss fire ratio. I paid 112 and sold it for 100 the first day I put in on the market. Replaced it with a Sig p226. That one will be sold when they settle my estate (maybe).

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts

Raven .25 auto chromed. I bought it for my wife, she hated it, gave it to my Mother-n-law, she loves it and is a pretty good shot with it. I have sold other guns, but this one I don't miss!

BamX2

·
Registered
14,984 Posts

bamx2, trying to get your mother in law killed...ha ha

that raven is such a pile of....I mean, what a kind caring son in law.....

to take care of her like that.....

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

·
Registered
2,915 Posts

Too many to list, over the years.

Recent ones included guns that simply didn't fit my hands well and/or I didn't shoot well, or guns that simply didn't do anything/fill any niches that other guns I already had couldn't do as well or better -- a G30 & G38, a Ruger P345, a SIG P220 & P226, an H&K USP45, etc.

No regrets on any of those even though they were all nice guns and some were excellent, just not for me.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts

ummmm.  Y'all actually SELL some of your guns?  :-?

Never have done that.  Guess it runs in the the family: I still have my grandmothers "Squirrel Gun". A Winchester 1890 made around 1920.  Still looks and shoots good.

Ps: I now be a Poobah !

·
Registered
8,612 Posts

Congratulations on Poobah-hood.

I've never bought a gun I didn't like. I did sell the first gun I ever bought (Springfield '03 bought in '74). Got it back a few months ago. ;)

I've sold a few. KT S2K, sold to a friend as I have several SUB9s now. KT P3AT, same friend. I switched to P32 & he LOVED the 380 at first shot.

Other than that just a couple of SUB9s I bought & resold to friends. Bought them with that in mind. Didn't shoot either of them.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

In my serious gun trading days, more than I would want anyone to know. ;D

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts

virtual-rjhauser said:
bamx2, trying to get your mother in law killed...ha ha

that raven is such a pile of....I mean, what a kind caring son in law.....

to take care of her like that.....

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I know, sounds like I don't like her, but she takes great care of me and the Raven...well it never misses a beat, goes bang every time. She loves it and practices regularly with it. I might give her my P-32 one day, wifes just like wheel guns, can't seem to get her interested in a S/A.

BamX2

·
Registered
2,409 Posts

Bought a Walther P22, then found out it only likes the high-end pricey ammo to cycle correctly, otherwise, it was a jam-o-matic, especially with Federal bulk. >:(

Luckily, I got it through Davidsons online, so they agreed to swap it out for a Ruger Mark III 22/45. I found a Tactical Solutions Pac Lite 10" barrel/receiver assembly for it, should arrive today. Can't wait to take it out to the range, I'm sure it'll get a lot of looks! ;D

·
Registered
2,915 Posts

360 said:
Bought a Walther P22, then found out it only likes the high-end pricey ammo to cycle correctly, otherwise, it was a jam-o-matic, especially with Federal bulk.  >:( ...
Just goes to show how different two examples of the same gun can be -- I've had just the opposite results with my P22 and Federal bulk. I'm hoping it will work just as well with the suppressor, but I haven't tried it yet...

·
Registered
1,921 Posts

HardShell said:
[quote author=360 link=1222210474/15#17 date=1222359587]Bought a Walther P22, then found out it only likes the high-end pricey ammo to cycle correctly, otherwise, it was a jam-o-matic, especially with Federal bulk.  >:( ...
Just goes to show how different two examples of the same gun can be -- I've had just the opposite results with my P22 and Federal bulk.  I'm hoping it will work just as well with the suppressor, but I haven't tried it yet...
[/quote]

Yup...I shot at least 150 rounds of Federal bulk through my new P22, and had only one malfunction - failure to pick up the next round from the magazine. Good enough for me!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts