Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
I believe PST stands for PiSTol. It's just an abbreviation used on gun sales sites.

Sort of like housing for sale abbreviations...BDS or BDR for bedroom...etc.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I picked up my new PF9 today. Grey frame parkerized slide and barrel. Took it down for cleaning and polished the feed ramp. One thing I did notice compared to my older PF9 was the extractor spring. The old extractor spring went about half way to the front of the extractor. This extractor spring goes all the way to the front of the extractor. Much better and the extractor is much tighter. I always wondered why they didn't do this from the beginning. Maybe that's why the newer guns work better than the older generation. This gun seems better built too. Did have to sand down the trigger it was sharp on the bottom but other than that can't wait to shoot this gun. Just by looking at it over my older gun it just seems better. Who knows time will tell I guess.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well took my new PF9 to the range and had some issues. Most of the issues were feeding issues, where the live round went straight up into the chamber and got stuck. The other issue was slide retracted and ejected spent case without picking up a new round and chambering it, so the gun went click instead of bang. Before you tell me to polish the feed ramp it was already done. I did noticed the main springs were slightly bent in front but that's it. Maybe the parkerized guns require more of a break in than blued guns being a rougher texture. Ammo was factory fresh ball 115 and 124 including good HP's.
Anybody have these issues and resolved them. Put about 150 rounds down range maybe more.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went to range today and had a better day shot 150 rounds and had one failure to feed with ball and one failure to pick up a round. Much better and enjoyed shooting it. I think its finally getting broken in.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Went to range today and had a better day shot 150 rounds and had one failure to feed with ball and one failure to pick up a round. Much better and enjoyed shooting it. I think its finally getting broken in.
Good to hear of the improvement. I've got a PF-9 on my radar too. Might end up with a CM9 though. We'll see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.