What does everyone use to clean plastic frame

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by jhutchings, Jan 25, 2008.

1. jhutchings

jhutchings New Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Just curious what everyone used to clean the plastic frame of your p3at.

2. I just clean it with my Remoil and a nylon gun cleaning brush.

3. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Gunscrubber (polymer safe version) followed by a soaking of CLP. Let it drip out while cleaning the rest of the weapon. Put it all together (with grease in the right places and a drop of miltec on the barrel ramp and hammer/hammer block) and wipe off the excess still dripping and put it in the holster.

-Scott

4. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Is that in a spray can? Do you use it on any of your other firearms?

Again, do you use the spray can CLP or just squirt it in there from the 4 oz. bottle?

Just curious. TIA

5. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Is that in a spray can?  Do you use it on any of your other firearms?

Again, do you use the spray can CLP or just squirt it in there from the 4 oz. bottle?

Just curious.  TIA
    [/quote]

Spray cans across the board. And use the same things on my other handguns. My rifles/shotguns are commie block - they don't get cleaned and just throw some remoil or wd40 or 30 weight in them if I feel like doing something.

-Scott

6. :eek:

Say it aint so Scott!

Mitch... Who just loves to take a gun apart and clean it, juts cause he can, thanks to the great folks at KTOG!

[​IMG]

Oh... as far as cleaning the Kel-Tecs... I use whatever is around, usually hoppes solvent, and then lube with Remoil and Grease.  I thought the original question was about just the grips.  Soemtimes they get a good hot soapy water bath followed by hot HOT water rinse, blown with compressed air, then lovingly dried with my wifes hair dyrer.