What do you all think of the SU-22?

Discussion in 'SU-22' started by shawnd, Jul 31, 2009.

1. shawnd

shawnd New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    I own all of the Kel-Tec handguns and am looking at the SU-22. What do you think besides the ammo issues? I need a .22LR rifle. Is this the one?

2. Whodat

Whodat New Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Yup, its a keeper. Fun to shoot and accurate.

3. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    What he said. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

4. shawnd

shawnd New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    If you don't mind me asking what was the going rate for the SU-22 when you purchased them?
    Don't want to overpay. ;)

5. Whodat

Whodat New Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Look to pay between $350 to $385 plus FFL if not in your area.

6. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    With shipping and transfer fee I have $360 in mine.

7. shawnd

shawnd New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    My local dealer has one. Just need a push in the right direction. [smiley=smiley.gif]

8. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    PUSH!

I bought one of the first batch of 100, on August 15th 2008. I paid $327.14 cash out the door, including 6% sales tax. My friend is a gun dealer, and even though the SU-22 was allocated and in high demand he gave me a real bargain. Don't expect that price even now, almost a year later, after manufacturing has stabilized.

I love the little SU-22. I put the Charlie under folder stock on it. It's light and very accurate, and it's very compact when folded. I take it out shooting every time I go to the range. In terms of fun/$, it's been almost as good as my SUB-2000! It's a great little rifle. I know a lot of people love the Ruger 10/22 for all of the aftermarket accessories that allow it to be customized, but I think it's hard to beat the SU-22. I'm a bit biased. I'm cuckoo for Kel-Tec.

9. shawnd

shawnd New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    [/quote]
    PUSH!

LOL
    I guess its time for me to pick it up slap a scope on it and go to the range. Thanks everyone for the input. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

10. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    I put a few hundred more rounds through mine this morning. :) The fun factor with this little rifle is off the scale. [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] I've yet to have a malfuntion shooting Federal bulk pack HP's. I can't decide whether or not to get the pistol grip adapter for it though. :-/

11. Mistersteve53

Mistersteve53 New Member

Aug 9, 2009
    I just got my SU-22A and love it. I used Winchester High Velocity and experienced two jambs. I blame this on not "setting" the shells in the magazine. Haven't seen any other problems since a tap yhr bottom of the magazine before loading it. Can anyone tell me what magazine actually fits up into the butt stock on these. The 27 round is two bg and even the slim 30 round from black dog machine doesn't fit.

12. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    The stock is from the SU16CA. It's made to hold the 10 round SU16 mags.

13. belmor

belmor New Member

Feb 13, 2009
    I am glad to hear this gun is performing well, I am looking to get one, with .22 ammo still avalible and cheap (relatively) I think it will be a fun gun to own and shoot

~B~

14. U.S.Patriot

U.S.Patriot Guest

I have had mine for about three weeks now. I paid $390 out the door. I fired just under 200 rounds of mini-mags. Had a lot of ftf's. I then tried some old bulk Remingtons, and it cycled better. It's an accurate little plinker. I added a BSA 40MM red dot, and soon will add a supressor. For looks because I hate looking at the thread cap. I may also later add a pistol grip stock, and a forward grip. My only gripe if you want to call it, is with it being so light the balance in my opinion is kinda off. I just need to find what ammo is going to work for me, or I'm going to have to take it the gun smith and have the feed ramp oilsihed. Other then I have had a blast shooting it. I highly reccomend one. ;)