Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the PLR-16, having had one previously and trading it in for a Saiga 12. Now I that I realize my mistake I am purchasing another one this summer.

My question is, Other then the factory plastic forend, and the metal Red Lion forend, what other forends can I use on the PLR-16? I would love a quad rail, and dont want to do alot of adjustments to it. I see some people have a VLTOR forend on their pistol but they seem very expensive. What is everyone else using?

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
You can make several others fit if you are willing to cut on them. I do not have a list, but if you poke around in this forum you can find some cut to fit forends, or see if anyone's show & tell pics look like what you want. I do not have anything on mine, it gets too hot and the only thing I wanted, a vfg, turned out to be an issue.

A lot of forends can have a rail added easily too. on my AR, for example, I just attached a rail to the one that came one it, the rails are under $10 and are fine if you do not need it to hold something dead steady (optics, for example).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Check out midwestindustriesinc.com.

·
Registered
17 Posts
redtornado1973 said:
Thats pretty sweet. Did you have to modify it?
Yup, check my other posts. I ave some YouTube videos on how I modified a quad rail from a saiga. I get some crazy looks at the range.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yup, check my other posts. I ave some YouTube videos on how I modified a quad rail from a saiga. I get some crazy looks at the range.
Yeah, I shafted mine. I'll try again eventually

·
Registered
322 Posts
well, it would have gone swimmingly if i had a bench and vice. the dremel was the tool of choice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts