Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys shooting in these things?? I've been shooting some PMC 223 bronze box 55 gr, American Eagle 55 gr, and some reloads from my daughters deer hunting days with 64gr soft points in them.
I was wanting to try some of that Lake City 5.56 stuff on strippers..the gun says 5.56mm on the side so I'm guessing it'll work..
Whats everybody shooting and how do you like it?...and no... I wont shoot that cheap steel junk no matter how well you like it..just not me.and its not reloadable..

·
Registered
43 Posts
The same, PMC. I did run some junk Tula through it just to see if it would fire it. Functioned just fine.

RW

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have been running silver bear and wolf, and after hundreds of rounds I have yet to have a problem.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been running silver bear and wolf, and after hundreds of rounds I have yet to have a problem.
I knew that from other posts and thats fine... for you...I'll not use them..glad they work for you though..

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
When i buy ammo for brass it's the cheap rem fmjs from walmart.

I really like rem rifle brass, use it for all my hunting reloads.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I purchased the proverbial boatload of Win 5.56 55gr white box at a price that made them investment-worthy. I was pleased, thinking I was good to go for about 20 years, until I was clearing the weapon (mag out, rack out the unfired round) and my finger slipped off the handle before the round was ejected. The round rechambered and slam-fired. Darned good thing I faithfully presume that anywhere the muzzle points is where the weapon will fire, and that it WILL fire, even though I don't intend it to fire.

These Winchesters might have "too-soft" primers for my taste. This wasn't much different from auto-loading from the mag, just maybe a bit less drag on the bolt and thus more energy to the firing pin.

My all-time favorite round is gone now which was South African battle packs of 1982 PMP 62gr. Stuff worked great in anything 5.56. Being broke at the time (around Y2K), I thought I was going to have a heart attack paying $89 for 900 (they came in 300rnd packs). I know now I should have sold my truck and bought 10,000 rounds. Worst was Wolf Tula Factory red and blue box. Those smelled like they cut nitro with horse poop. After 5 rounds I was ready to puke, so I gave it all away. I considered that giveaway as part of my health plan deductable. "See the doctor? OR Give Wolf away?" No brainer.

Grips

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've heard other bad things about the tula stuff also..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts