Hornday
Critical Defense

Glock 22 and Sub2k:
Speer
Gold Dot

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
good old fmj ball ammo for me. did some wet phone book test many mango season ago and found that fmj ammo would go through two very fat wet phone books. gold dot and hydro shock did not and they did not expand much.

·
Registered
8 Posts
good old fmj ball ammo for me. did some wet phone book test many mango season ago and found that fmj ammo would go through two very fat wet phone books. gold dot and hydro shock did not and they did not expand much.
Wouldn't you be over penetrating with fmj? I have seen some impressive tests with Winchester PDX1 ammo online. I'm talking about denim + ribs + ballistic jell, and it manage to go 12 inches into the jell after breaking some bone.

Anyone tried this ammo on their P3at?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Winchester Silvertip.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I use Magtech guardian gold 85 gr it says +p on the box been told that no such thing in 380 seem to shoot ok have not killed any phone books yet :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
I keep hornady critical defense or z max for my defense rounds. My gun feeds them well, and I'm a sucker for clever marketing.

For the range it's whatever is cheap.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Same here, Remington Golden Sabre. Nice little round, never had an issue!

"Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six."

-- Booker T. Washington

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
Corbon DPX. Designed specifically for short barreled .380's.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Remington Golden Saber, 102 gr. JHP, alternating with Federal 95 gr. FMJ (or some other fairly hot FMJ - e.g., Independence). I have had poor luck with Hornady Critical Defense.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts