Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

What ammo do you depend on for your P-32?

5K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  pmwizard 
#1 ·
What ammo do you depend on for your P-32?

Brand:
Type:

#2 ·
P-32 Ammo

I'm surprised you didn't get a lot of responses to this post. I'm on the wish list at Bud's for a P-32 and reading everyting I can find about them. One of the things I am interested in is what ammo should I buy for home/personal protection. I don't expect to use the gun after the initial test except for maybe an annual trip to the range. Therefore I want to be sure everything works well in the event that it is needed. I will be checking back every once on a while to see if any suggestions pop up.

Thanks to everyone that is posting. There is a lot of good info here.

#3 ·
I normally carry with Fiocchi 73gr FMJ or FMC... I've tried several other brands of FMJ, all of which performed well in my 1st Gen P32. I go with the Fiocchi though becaus I've heard a lot about them from experienced forum members. You may want to check out this thread. http://www.thektog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=246867e Have a nice day.

#6 ·
I keep a Speer GoldDot 60 GR. HP in the chamber and one at the top of the magazine. The rest of the magazine is Fiocchi 73 GR. FMJ. This way there is no chance for rimlock. The strategy was recommended to me by a retired LEO when we were discussing 380 acp pocket pistols. His thoughts were that if the HPs expanded, there would be a larger wound channel but the FMJs would insure greater penetration. I'm thinking the same might be true for the 32 acp also.

#7 ·
I'm no expert here, but am seriously looking into a pocket/mouse gun for deep conceal and/or ankle carry (hot SC summer and business causal) in .380 or .32.

I talked to a Law Enforcement Professional friend who recommended hornady critical defense in .380 OR any FMJ in .32, but could not recommend any JHP in .32. He stated .32 jhp would not have enough penetration in too many situations.

#8 · (Edited)
If a .32acp hollowpoint expands, it will most likely underpenetrate. For that matter, .380acp hollowpoints will also likely underpenetrate if they fully expand.

I especially like the idea of full-length FMJ in .32acp to avoid the possibility of rimlock. That rules out the flat point Winchester and Buffalo Bore, at least for me, as they both have the shorter overall length like the hollowpoint rounds.

I already found some S&B 73 grain FMJ, and plan on acquiring some Fiocchi 73 grain FMJ as well, to see what works best in my P32. Those appear to be some of the favorite choices of experienced P32 owners.

#10 ·
Corbon Pow'R Ball. Works great in my P32.
Hi,

Ditto, a good choice for a expanding bullet out of a P-32. The expansion can be a iffy depending on where you hit though, but that's the case with most JHP's out of a P-32. I did a series of tests a few years ago where the bullet went through 6" of water and then into wet pack, and the Corbon Pow'R Ball expanded reliably in barrels down PPK length (3.25') in my tests. Corbon Pow'R Ball out of the P-32 expanded about 3/5 of time with the other rounds losing the polymer ball and violently tumbling, but not expanding. The bullets had the same result on the test media whether they expanded or not in terms of penetration.

Best Regards::)

#15 ·
Is there any difference between the Fiocchi in the red box vs the stuff in the green box (at AIM Surplus)?
There's a thread on this already within the last year or so, I'm too lazy to search it for you.

Box color indicates country of manufacture. Green is US made, IIRC.

The colors also changed in one of the recent years.

#18 ·
I don't hang out here as much anymore, but I've still got my P32 that I did this testing with. I've actually started terminal ballistics testing now and may be doing .32 soon. If you are spending your money on HPs, then you may want to know that the only .32 I got to expand was the Corbon. Speer Gold Dots didn't expand at all.

http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com/search/label/.32%20acp%20ballistics%20tests

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.