Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here from western kentucky? Any good public places to shoot?

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
Im western Ky.

Where you located , what town?

There are a couple ranges around.

Im in Lyon County.

Jim

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im in Graves Co.

They are fixing to open a new range in Mayfield, I just found out today..
Other than that I havent found many places to go shoot around

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
Sorry Corndog,
I am not real familiar with Graves county.
There is Shooters supply in Paducah, which is costly.

There is a free range , a nice one, in Caldwell county , just east of Princeton, on HWY 62.

Then there is my own home range thats good for anything up to 100 yds, and we do shoot some rifle and .50 cal from 250 yds., but great for pistol , at 25 and 50 yds, and it wont cost you anything but time and gas.(also bring your own gallon water jugs, and any other great things to destroy). I like old ,dull saw blades painted orange, and water bottles filled with red water., and some paper targets.

You are more than welcome to drive over to North tip of Barkley Lake and shoot to your hearts content.

Back in March, Lop and Uniongap, two KTOG friends, drove up from Atlanta area, to shoot with me all day.
If you want to drive over to Kuttawa, to shoot, send me a PM , and Ill give you directions to my place. You can come shoot whenever you want to.

Jim

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I appreciate it! I may have to do that this summer, being a teacher I have a Little time off during the summer months :)

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
Anytime,
Just send me PM.

Bring what you want to shoot and we can shoot a few of mine .

My house to Mayfield, I think is about 40 minutes.

Jim

·
Registered
363 Posts
another fellow western kentuckian checking in.

I have been working extremely hard all spring and have about 3 more hard weeks ahead of me.

Hmmmmm, wonder if it would be a good idea to celebrate by shooting a few rounds off?

Phideaux-- i think i missed you over the summer
Torrent-- haven't seen you in quite a while; hope everything is going well.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
I'm staying pretty busy myself, but had a chance to fish for a couple of hours on post last night and caught a 22" catfish. That was fun!

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
I think we're all overdue for a Konvention :)
Where?

I am up for that.

Heck I can widen my target area to accomadate a lot of guys, plenty parking, plenty motels, plenty eaterys,
or Knob Creek, or there is a beautiful little range(better than KC lower) at Dawson Springs , and its free , owned by county.

What ya thinkin?
Want me to check on group shoots at Dawson Springs?

Jim

·
Registered
14,984 Posts
damn Ken, wish I was closer and in better health this time.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm a good piece west of Bowling Green, run to the western side of the state every chance I get, but not as often as I'd like. I'm in the neighborhood I suppose. More central KY I guess, but I lean toward the west side. :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
virtual-rj said:
damn Ken, wish I was closer and in better health this time.....
We have not set a date yet. We will be praying for your health to improve so you may make it. I know the distance will not keep you from making it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
L4E just called Knob Creek and reserved the lower range for may 27. If this is good lets us know. If its bad let us know soon so he can cancel the reservation.

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
Oh man,
just got home from Turkey waiting, and seen the date,
I just cant make that weekend.
The following weekend Ill be in Atlanta area for some shooting also,

Hey if its good for everyone else, go for it,
Ill make it some other time.

Jim

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm afraid that's the one weekend that doesnt work for me, but, like Phideaux, don't let me get in the way of anybody going shooting.

Isn't that one of the Commandments? Thou shalt not interfere with other's range time!

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Being on active duty right now I have to work the holiday weekend to cover down for the federal guys who wil be off. Don't let me keep anybody from having fun at the range though.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts