Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sent my P-11 to KT back in February. Finally got it back on Thursday, 4/5. Along with my repair, I had requested a HC upgrade, and that was the reason for the delay... waiting on parts from the plating vendor.

So, I get it back and am VERY happy with how the gun looks. I head out to the range, and on the 2nd magazine the spent cartridges stop ejecting. The are extracting fine, just not ejecting. Then the spent cartridge keeps the next round from feeding. It's this funny physics thing about two objects trying to occupy the same space at the same time...

I field strip the gun and find that my ejector is broken. The extractor is fine... I tried to call KT all day Friday, and was on eternal hold. I think they were closed for Easter and forgot to tell their phone system. I know they well send out the part, but I'm not getting what caused this. Anyone have any idea what would cause a broken ejector?

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
It just happens. One of those few but somewhat common P11 things, kinda like broken slide stops. The P11 is a pretty simple design and there's only so much that can go wrong with it, and that's one of the few things that does seem to go wrong on them from time to time (either from wear n' tear or every once in awhile getting a bad part). Once you get a new ejector poked in there, you should be fine.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Does the SCCY have as many issues as the P-11s,heard their trigger pull is smoother and shorter ?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Does the SCCY have as many issues as the P-11s,heard their trigger pull is smoother and shorter ?
Remember, the P11 for the most part has very few issues compared to the number of units produced. You hear about them here because of the quality of this forum. The "problems" are amplified here, so it seems like the P11 is a pile.

Even when you do have problems, the parts are free and the gun is very simple to work on. Keep some parts handy, I do.

·
Administrator
31,979 Posts
I'm surprised you even noticed. Most often, the upcoming round knocks out the empty and the gun fires just fine with a broken ejector. Sometimes the last round doesn't eject since there is not an upcoming round to knock it out. Possibly the reason yours doesn't eject is the tight tolerances on the new, not broken in, chrome top end. Anyway, call them tomorrow and they'll send you the part which you should have before week's end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts