Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called them and told them I saw on UPS that they recieved the slide today and asked how long the turn around time is and they told me 3-4 weeks. ??? I then asked if it was because of high volume and she said "well we only have one person doing the repairs right now." Repair!? Just send me back a new slide, no repair required.

I guess I'm more po'd because the same shop I got the P3AT at told me it would be 3-4 weeks before DSA got an AR-15 reciever they can send to him for me that I already paid for. All this waiting, I hav'nt even fired the P3AT yet. I did get 3 finger extensions though for my 3 mags, I tried my bersa one on the mag and gave a much better 2 finger grip.

Waiting, waiting, waiting.......

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
3 or 4 weeks to mail out a slide?

Maybe they ran out of good ones?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Nakanokalronin said:
I called them and told them I saw on UPS that they recieved the slide today and asked how long the turn around time is and they told me 3-4 weeks. ??? I then asked if it was because of high volume and she said "well we only have one person doing the repairs right now." Repair!? Just send me back a new slide, no repair required.
P-3ATs received at Kel-Tec are logged in and placed in the P-3AT queue whether it requires a slide swap or trigger replacement. It’s my understanding that until it is put on the shop bench no one knows what action the gunsmith will take.

Wilson – who’s a big fan of self installation :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I received my slide in approx. 2 weeks. Did not send in the barrel, and was not later requested to do so. Problem remains that the "new" slide is showing slight peening after 70 rounds, BUT, I'm awaiting the arrival of my WASHERS!! ::)

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it would be nice to have it back in 2 weeks. I'm surprised they have on person handleing all repairs. They could at least have another person trained to repair them or at least deal with the slides/parts that need to be sent back to the customer. I sent in the e-mail from customer service telling me all thin "vintage" slides were gone and what I expect, other wise it will be sent in repeatedly. Now weather I do this or not depends. I already ordered the washers a week ago so if its thin I'll stick one on there before I even try it, Hopfully I can post a picture of a NORMAL slide!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.