Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went back today to look at that SU16 in the pawn shop and to get the serial number so I could check the age and, held it and fondled it and drooled a little bit and finally asked the guy the least he would take (different guy than the last time). It was listed at $499 with no front or rear sight. Hmmm. $450. We talked some more and then he told me the guy who had bought it had shot it a couple times and a relative came out with a spiffy M4 with red dot and all and he had to have one so he came to the pawn shop and traded it. He said that he had the box and everything in the back room. I bought it. When I got it home I found the owners manual in the box with the original receipt. It had been bought new in March this year. I also found the front and rear sight and they were for the bravo model. Oh boy!

I put the sight on checked the barrel and found it bright and headed for the range in the pasture with a couple of boxes of Sellier and Bellew .223. I put up a new paper plate at about .25 yards and shot. Low and right. I adjusted the rear sight and it moved some but not enough. I adjusted the front sight and rear sight and shot. One more adjustment and it creased the orange dot I had stuck up. One move shot and I couldn't find where it it. I parked the gun on safe and checked the target. Hmmm, the last shot cut the next to the last shot almost touching the orange dot. I like it!! I think I can bid my coyotes goodbye.

I had bought a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 in 9 mil last year for varmints and home defense. I think I have the new tool for that so I'll put the Sub2000 up for sale and have fun with the new SU16B. I already contacted Kel-Tec on their site to see if it was new enough to have a chromed barrel. Should know in a couple of days.

Now I have to get some new dies for my press and some new bullets to reload a bunch.

Dave :):)

·
Administrator
31,987 Posts
Congrats on a good deal on a cool rifle. :cool:

Sell the Sub2K? Say it aint' so! :eek:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats on a good deal on a cool rifle. :cool:

Sell the Sub2K? Say it aint' so! :eek:
Hate to do it, but it's a matter of money. Ain't it always. I do love the Sub, but I think the SU is the best all around for me at this time, and I still have the PF9 for backup.

Dave :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts