Weird!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by regrip, Oct 22, 2007.

1. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Just now started to clean my p3 from being at the range two days ago. got the slide pin out but the slide jamed and would not slide out.

Had to pry the hammer back from inside the mag. hole and hold the slide slightly back of the pin hole, then rack the hammer back.

Then and only then was I able to get the slide to slide forward for a cleaning. Anyone else had this problem???     >:(

2. wyo-man

wyo-man New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Did you, inadvertently, pull the trigger (empty gun of course) just prior to slide being removed?

wyo-man

3. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Have not had that particular problem. However, I will say that my my new P3-AT has a pretty stiff slide. Good luck to you.

4. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Yeh, all was empty. I'll see if it happens again, probably next week.

5. yeah the gun was empty when you pulled the trigger?

6. squatlo

squatlo New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    it was either empty or emptied when he pulled the trigger.

7. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    after cautiously examining the hammer profile, the cut out in the slide and with a lot of dred...

I dry fired and then procedded to remove the barrel and slide with no problem :-/

Now, the barrel/slide would not go back on far enough to put the pin back in (with the hammer dropped, it rotates farther foward without the slide and the hammer profile has the firing pin above it when going backon, thus as hammer tries to arc it jams agaisnt the FP

Now, sometimes the recoil rod head will dig a groove in the frame and will prevent the barrel/slide from comiing off.  sometimes that is overcomed by racking slide. letting go, and letting slide hammer itself off.

HOWEVER I IN NO WAY RECOMEND DRY FIRING BEFORE DISASSEMBLING

8. zeke

zeke New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    JFB I'm glad you did it, now I don't have to. ;D

9. Beerhorse

Beerhorse New Member

Oct 23, 2007
    Dry firing is always a problem. I did the same thing. Also as a newbie I will abmitt I let the recoil pin fly across the room upon first disassebly. Lesson learned is know your weapon; been a lurker for a year but love "my little BUG".

10. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    welcome BeerHorse

stop lurking and start posting ;)

11. kaltectom

kaltectom New Member

Jun 4, 2005
    Yes....there are still a few parts that are "hidden" somewhere in my garage from when, as a new owner, lI et them fly. Fortunately, KelTec replaced them within a couple of days. I know I now have spares ..just can't exactly locate them .......I know there are here somewhere???

12. wyo-man

wyo-man New Member

Nov 27, 2006
    ;D ;D ;D

Welcome BeerHorse

wyo-man