Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

Wear on new Sub2000?

3K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  none 
#1 ·
Just got a new G17 Sub2000 from PSA and field stripped it to clean before shooting it. I found moderate finish wear on the bolt, bolt head and operating handle. Is this "normal" for brand new?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I ordered it from Palmetto State Armory - brand new and I've not fired it yet, just got it in this week. It looks to me like it's been fired (a bit). I assume the factory test fires them, but didn't know if this was "normal" from what others have seen.

Guess I'll contact PSA :(

#14 ·
Have heard that Kel-Tec was good with their customer service. Good to know they took care of you. Have a Sub 2k, Gen 2, have not fired it yet. Am putting a kit in from M-Carbo. Will put some info in the group as to how it goes. I am beginner, so will be my first "project". :eek:)

#15 ·
Their customer service is stellar! I am lucky enough to be local to them, and stop by now and then. They have a small showroom and retail center, where you can put hands on their products, and pick up parts and such. One time I took my P3AT too far apart (against the recommendation in the manual), and simply could not get a particular spring back in. I brought it there in pieces, anticipating leaving it, and having to pay a fee. They asked me to take a seat, took it back and had it back to me in less than 10 minutes assembled, and there was no charge! THAT is hard to beat!

#16 ·
You will love the M-Carbo trigger kit. I recommend doing the pins, springs, screws and trigger guard as well. I tried it by myself at first, but got a little confused on the multiple spring placement. However, the videos are excellent, and are VERY easy to follow and It went together flawlessly. Trigger pull went to 9#+ down to 4.5#! I'll get around to posting my mods soon...

#20 ·
Hum.... Got mine in today and here is what I've got, brass shavings and all. (At least clean the gun before sending it as new.) Will also be contacting Keltec, I'm not worried or stressed because I'm aware of their service level with my other gun. But do agree that there should be some level of quality control once verified as "approved".
None, I have to say that the level of wear on yours looks perfectly normal, just a bit of bluing worn at the points of contact.

Shavings? They don't clean them after test firing. Again, normal.

Reactions: none
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.