Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This past weekend I was out on a field training exercise with the MTSU ROTC Cadets. Saturday morning we were at a state park doing day land navigation when a Cadet was assaulted by two men, beat up, and they stole his LBE (load bearing harness). :mad:

Well this put me in charge as the full time Major was staying with the Cadet and waiting for the Sheriff and medics to arrive and the LTC was in route. So I had one long wheel base E-350 to transport the Cadets back the the Nation Guard base for the afternoon's training.

Since this was the last time I was going to pass this sign I had to take a pic to show OT little did I know that it would turn into a very serious situation and a story for OT. I just thought this was a very funny sign. Can he not find dirt? The Earth is made of it after all. What is the minimum amount of dirt he would accept? Could I walk up to his house with a handful and sell that to him? :lol: So I take the pics and drive off.

Now we are on Bill France Blvd by the motor speed way, 5 lanes wide and no one in sight when this old Oldsmobile comes flying up to my rear at a very high speed then tail gates me, so I give him a break check. :yesnod: :lol: He's now pointing for me to pull over, I don't. He pulls up along side, he's a white trash type; long greasy hair, late 40's early 50's, gray beard. I hit my breaks and he goes past, he then hits his and I go past. Then the Cadets tell me he's opening his glove box. This is when it got real serious for me. I pull out my Kel-tec .380 from my ruck sack and place it in the cup holder. Before he gets along side of me again we can see he has one of those long wallets with a chain in his hand, I calm down a little.

Now it gets even stranger. He is holding the wallet as if he's flashing a badge and he has glued inside it a Special Forces patch and a Ranger tab. Now if you were SF you would know that you must also have the SF tab, most SF have the Ranger tab but not all; he ONLY has the Ranger tab which is wrong. He is now pointing at the patch and then pointing for me to pull over like he has some kind of authority. I don't brandish my weapon for fear that he has one also and I didn't want to antagonize him further.

The Cadets were cool with me pulling the pistol, out of the 5 in the van (another reason he was crazy, it was 6 against one) 2 are combat vets and one a former police officer. They were saying, "Shoot him sir, we can hide the body!" :yesnod: :lol:

You can tell he is now enraged, as we approach the bridge, and a dead end the only choice is to exit to interstate 840, he goes flying past, locks up his breaks and tries to block my exit; steam is coming out from under his hood. I stop and back up, he jumps out of his car, I turn wide, punch it; and he takes off in a dead sprint to try and block me with his body!!!! The Cadets now say, "Run over him Sir, no one can see!" :yesnod: :lol:

I get on the interstate, he gets in his car and goes back the other direction.

He is either an anti-govt conspiracy type or he thought my big van was full of dirt and he wanted it! :rofl:

It was hairy there for a while when I thought he was reaching for a gun and I was going to have to start shooting or taking evasive action. Crazy day, crazy people. Report soon to be filled with the Sheriff now that I have the pics.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Re: We were chased down by a man with a dirt wante

If you can, ask the sheriffs if they know the guy. Im just curious what kind of crazy sob that guy was! Im all curious hehe. If you had stopped, I wonder what the guy was going to rant about. You took a picture of a sign that said dirt wanted and then this guy attemps to block of a interstate exit?!?! Im just flabbergasted.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts

Reminds me of the time a guy with a crowbar was telling me to put my gun away and fight like a man!

Even though the guy was a “Nut” it is always best to try to avoid needing to pull the trigger. I’m glad to hear you kept your cool and did not give into the chanting from the Cadets. Retreating is not a bad thing in cases like this. I know Monday morning quarter backing is always easy so please do not let the next comments upset you. Did you have a cell phone? I would recommend to anyone that if you have a cell, and can get a connection, dial 911 sooner then later. Hopefully you can get police assistance. Better they shoot him, then you. Also try to know the area you are driving in if you can. If you know were you can find a cop. Head to that direction. But never drive to your home or work location. You do not want to show the nut where you live or work. Also driving to a very “public” location with lots of people around is good. Even better if there are police or security at the location. I’m now caring with a CCW due to threats on my life, and PD recommendations, but I hope I will always find a way to protect myself, or get to safety without ever having to pull the trigger. Should you ever pull the trigger. Talk to no one. Do not write stories about it, but call the cops and a lawyer. Anytime everyone walks away without harm, then things worked out for the best.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

224lps said:
Reminds me of the time a guy with a crowbar was telling me to put my gun away and fight like a man!

Even though the guy was a “Nut” it is always best to try to avoid needing to pull the trigger.  I’m glad to hear you kept your cool and did not give into the chanting from the Cadets.  Retreating is not a bad thing in cases like this.  I know Monday morning quarter backing is always easy so please do not let the next comments upset you.  Did you have a cell phone?  I would recommend to anyone that if you have a cell, and can get a connection, dial 911 sooner then later.  Hopefully you can get police assistance.  Better they shoot him, then you.  Also try to know the area you are driving in if you can.  If you know were you can find a cop.  Head to that direction.  But never drive to your home or work location.  You do not want to show the nut where you live or work.  Also driving to a very “public” location with lots of people around is good.  Even better if there are police or security at the location.  I’m now caring with a CCW due to threats on my life, and PD recommendations, but I hope I will always find a way to protect myself, or get to safety without ever having to pull the trigger.  Should you ever pull the trigger.  Talk to no one.  Do not write stories about it, but call the cops and a lawyer.  Anytime everyone walks away without harm, then things worked out for the best.
We were in the middle of no where, the event took less than 5 mins total, we were prepared to call 911 if he had followed us onto the highway. I talked to the Police today about the incident.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

FastEddie said:
If you can, ask the sheriffs if they know the guy. Im just curious what kind of crazy sob that guy was! Im all curious hehe. If you had stopped, I wonder what the guy was going to rant about. You took a picture of a sign that said dirt wanted and then this guy attemps to block of a interstate exit?!?! Im just flabbergasted.
They are looking into it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.