Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Doesn't matter. You can't find primers anyway.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Fortunately, I had collected a lot of the components for reloading several years ago when my sons and I were doing competitions every other week. Then I went on the road for several years. New boss wants me home every night. (My wife sure is happy about that.) So I have started reloading again. Have been using a friends Dillon press and dies, but he is moving. I have everything I need except for the 9mm dies. So until I get those (back ordered with Dillon), I will just load .38 and .45 for now.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Tex, I have been stopping and looking in every gun store and mom and pop hardware store in a 150 radius for 9mm dies. They are not to be found. I’ve ordered them from Dillon, but it is a 5 to 6 month backorder. That being said, I did see a set of .32 acp dies last night at a Bass Pro Shop in Cary, NC. I was not interested, but with the scarcity of most handgun reloading equipment, I thought you might want to get them while you can.
Thanks for the heads up! I will check them out to see if I can nab a set! I have plenty of primers, powder, and a small supply of .308 100 gr Plinker half jacket bullets. I am also looking for a suitable bullet mold. I have one for .32 revolver ammo but it is a wadcutter mold unsuitable for .32 auto. If really pressed, it is not difficult to make a mold for .32 auto. Also, if pressed, I can reload 9mm with separate sizing, seating, and crimp components from dies for the 30 calibers I have reloaded. Again, thanks for the tip on the .32 dies! :)

edit: Before anyone reams me out about using .308" diameter 100 gr Plinker bullets for the .32 acp, be aware that although commercial ammo usually contains .312" bullets, most .32 acp barrels are .308 to .309 across the grooves.
I never sell my reloading dies, so I have every die for every caliber I ever reloaded which comes in handy for special reloading projects.

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Did anyone fall for that fake advertisement for a plant that grows gunpowder? LOL

·
Premium Member
4,672 Posts
Did anyone fall for that fake advertisement for a plant that grows gunpowder? LOL
I wasn't aware of any advertisement. But I'm up for a good laugh. Got a link?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
I remember seeing it. I was wondering why the seeds hadn't sprouted, it's been several several weeks.........

·
Premium Member
4,672 Posts
Reactions: IamScotticus

·
Registered
8,414 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Premium Member
4,672 Posts
That's it. They ran it again last April. I was zooming in, trying hard to get the name of those packages. Then I recalled the basic elements of gunpower and had a big DOH!:wall:
The funnything is, there really is a plant with the name "gunpowder plant" or "bombardier plant." :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: IamScotticus

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I may have found it

21 - 30 of 30 Posts