Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I just purchased a Sub2000 with the Beretta mag variant, and ordered the parts to convert it to the Glock mag. I called Kel-Tec to be sure I was ordering everything I needed, and the fellow I spoke with was very helpful and answered my questions. He also said I could send in the gun and they would install the parts for me and that would allow me to keep the warranty intact, however he also said if I did the work myself the warranty would be void.

Knowing so many here do modifications to their Kel-tec's my question is this:

Have any of you been denied warranty because you worked on it first? I understand that if I damage it it would not be covered, but if a Manufacturer's defect were found and I had changed some parts myself would they warranty it assuming the damage was not caused by me or the factory / aftermarket parts I installed?

It is more of a curiosity to me since Kel-Tec sells the parts to us.

I searched for threads on this topic and didn't find any, if I missed them any help with a search phrase to locate them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Weird1

·
Registered
656 Posts
I can't answer the warranty question, but I can recommend sending the
rifle back to K-T for the job plus any & all available updates / upgrades.

·
Administrator
32,246 Posts
If at some point in the future, the gun needed warranty work, I doubt KT would void your warranty, assuming you didn't obviously screw something up. In fact, I doubt the tech would even know you had changed those parts.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If at some point in the future, the gun needed warranty work, I doubt KT would void your warranty, assuming you didn't obviously screw something up. In fact, I doubt the tech would even know you had changed those parts.
Thanks I hoped this is what the actual practice would be.

·
Administrator
32,246 Posts
KT does not look for excuses to get out of warranty work. They are more than fair.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
KT does not look for excuses to get out of warranty work. They are more than fair.
That was the impression I have long had of them, it just struck me odd that the person I spoke with on the phone made a point to tell me it would void my warranty. Thanks for the reassurance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.