Warranty turn-around time

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Mohave-Tec, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Mohave-Tec

Mohave-Tec New Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Howdy all,
    In your personal experiences, how long did it take for your gun to be returned after you've sent it to Kel Tec for warranty work? The trigger broke on my P3AT. I shipped it on February 6th. Kel Tec told me they received it on February 17th. I know it didn't take 11 days to get to Florida but that's another thread.
    When do you guys think I'll get it back? I want to take it hiking in a few weeks.
    Thanks

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    It's hard to tell. The PF9s seem to be taking longest. I'd say by the end of the month, maybe sooner on your P3AT.

3. Mohave-Tec

Mohave-Tec New Member

Mar 22, 2009
    That would be nice. I leave on my trip April 10.
    Thank you

4. El_Barto

El_Barto New Member

May 4, 2006
    I sent my P3AT back last Sept. I got it back 10 weeks later. What I believe finally got the ball rolling was me contacting them about the status of it at week 9.

5. Mohave-Tec

Mohave-Tec New Member

Mar 22, 2009
    That's certainly not the 4-6 weeks they indicate in their emails. I hope it's sooner. I just landed 500 rounds of American Eagle and I'd like to get reaquanted with the little gun.

6. GuiltySpark323

GuiltySpark323 New Member

Mar 12, 2010
    I sent in my P-3at around the same time. They received it Feb. 15th. I've called them twice now to bug them about it and both times I was told that they currently have a 6 to 8 week turn around time on repairs :'( I'm expecting it back mid to late Aril. The good news is that it gave me a good excuse to by a PF-9. I mean Heaven forbid I go unarmed!!