Warranty Registration?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Proteen, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Proteen

Proteen Guest

My 380 is the first Kel-Tec I have owned.  I have searched through the plastic box, under the foam and through the manual and see no warranty registration card.  I also checked the website and found nothing there. Is there a registration process? Popper's barrell has me a little.... unsettled. :-?

Tom

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    There is not. Florida law, as I understand it, prohibits any mfg from keeping a computerized record of owners and their related serial numbers - therefore no registration.

Officially if you ever need warranty work they would like you to send a copy of the receipt. Unofficially and practically they never ask for the copy of the receipt. But save it just in case they change the way they act in the future.

WELCOME to ownership.

-Scott

3. Proteen

Proteen Guest

Thanks Scott, receipt filed.

Tom

4. c0wboi38

c0wboi38 New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    FWIW, I've had to order parts from KT on 4 occasions. 3 of them for losing things....

:-[

All I was asked for was Name and address. I offered to pay all 4 times, the only times they accepted it was when I needed a spare.

I sent both of my PF-9s in for the "walking frame pin" fix. I didn't even call KT first. Boxed them up, wrote a nice letter, sent them both. No other paperwork, no problems.

:)

5. RAT76

RAT76 Active Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Like Lurker said. Just send it in. Note listing the problem. If you include your email address they will send you notice with tracking # when it comes back.

Now if it blows up in your hand call them. The will want it home fast & will probably send a call tag. I'd almost put money on the fact that in the case of a kaboom they will NOT be worrying about receipts or if you are original owner. ;)

6. westernamerican

westernamerican New Member

Jun 22, 2008
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[/quote]
    Read the manual ... the receipt is your warranty. Plus, if you read all the posts about warranty work KT rarely, if ever, asks for the receipt ... they just fix'em.

8. Poppers_2-4

Poppers_2-4 New Member

Jan 4, 2008
    I had a problem I couldn't figure out, called KT and the Customer Service guy asked for my serial number, sent me a paid overnight air sticker, and I mailed to them to look at it . Can't beat that.

9. LaurenceLathem

LaurenceLathem Banned

Aug 1, 2014
    oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

10. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Why bring back a 4 year old thread if you aren't going to add anything useful? KT has gotten more strict about their warranty since this was posted so it may not be accurate.

11. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    He's gone...known spam source out of the Philippines.

12. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    You guys are always in top of things, thanks.

13. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    That's why we get the big money.

14. WPhilB47

WPhilB47 Active Member

Jul 19, 2013
    RGV, Texas
    I am going to propose we authorize the Admin to give you guys an annual COL increase. I think 5% would be fair. ;)

15. doublefranch

doublefranch Member

Apr 5, 2014
    TX
    That spammer had an extensive history. One post two minutes after joining. :-o

Sent from my iPhone using Kel-Tec Forum

16. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    If Haug says he's a spammer you can rest assured that it's true. One of the best things about this forum is the mods, they really do a good job.

17. doublefranch

doublefranch Member

Apr 5, 2014
    TX
    Yeah, I was up late that night, and saw two of them that looked suspicious. Kinda like the gibberish that comes in junk e-mails.

Sent from my iPhone using Kel-Tec Forum