Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 380 is the first Kel-Tec I have owned.  I have searched through the plastic box, under the foam and through the manual and see no warranty registration card.  I also checked the website and found nothing there. Is there a registration process? Popper's barrell has me a little.... unsettled. :-?

Tom

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
There is not. Florida law, as I understand it, prohibits any mfg from keeping a computerized record of owners and their related serial numbers - therefore no registration.

Officially if you ever need warranty work they would like you to send a copy of the receipt. Unofficially and practically they never ask for the copy of the receipt. But save it just in case they change the way they act in the future.

WELCOME to ownership.

-Scott

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
FWIW, I've had to order parts from KT on 4 occasions. 3 of them for losing things....

:-[

All I was asked for was Name and address. I offered to pay all 4 times, the only times they accepted it was when I needed a spare.

I sent both of my PF-9s in for the "walking frame pin" fix. I didn't even call KT first. Boxed them up, wrote a nice letter, sent them both. No other paperwork, no problems.

:)

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
Like Lurker said. Just send it in. Note listing the problem. If you include your email address they will send you notice with tracking # when it comes back.

Now if it blows up in your hand call them. The will want it home fast & will probably send a call tag. I'd almost put money on the fact that in the case of a kaboom they will NOT be worrying about receipts or if you are original owner. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Proteen said:
My 380 is the first Kel-Tec I have owned.  I have searched through the plastic box, under the foam and through the manual and see no warranty registration card.  I also checked the website and found nothing there. Is there a registration process? Popper's barrell has me a little.... unsettled. :-?

Tom

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
westernamerican said:
[quote author=Proteen link=1219728832/0#0 date=1219728832]My 380 is the first Kel-Tec I have owned.  I have searched through the plastic box, under the foam and through the manual and see no warranty registration card.  I also checked the website and found nothing there. Is there a registration process? Popper's barrell has me a little.... unsettled. :-?

Tom

[/quote]
Read the manual ... the receipt is your warranty. Plus, if you read all the posts about warranty work KT rarely, if ever, asks for the receipt ... they just fix'em.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had a problem I couldn't figure out, called KT and the Customer Service guy asked for my serial number, sent me a paid overnight air sticker, and I mailed to them to look at it . Can't beat that.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Why bring back a 4 year old thread if you aren't going to add anything useful? KT has gotten more strict about their warranty since this was posted so it may not be accurate.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
That's why we get the big money.
I am going to propose we authorize the Admin to give you guys an annual COL increase. I think 5% would be fair. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.