Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a box of WWB at the local Walmart. The price just jumped $3.00 to $23.77 for 100. The WWB 9mm Luger jumped to $14.56 for 100. That has gone up from $10.88 last Sept. I may have to start buying online, if that is cheaper.

G

·
Vette said:
Just picked up a box of WWB at the local Walmart. The price just jumped $3.00 to $23.77 for 100. The WWB 9mm Luger jumped to $14.56 for 100. That has gone up from $10.88 last Sept. I may have to start buying online, if that is cheaper.
ur right there, my ammo people I buy off of Natchessz sports, has told me they have had 2 pice increase since last september. Probably brand for brand wal-mart is still cheaper. especiallly with no postage etc.. I have noticed the same thing at Gander mt, allof there ammo has taken big jumps

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
Everybody is "jacking their prices", not just WalMart.
I have been warning that it was coming since last summer.

1. All U.S. ammo & component manufactures announced a 15% - 17% wholesale price increase last summer, to take effect Jan. 1.

2. Copper prices have sky-rocketed due to China becoming an industrialized nation. They are buying all they can get at record world market prices.

3. Fuel costs have driven up manufacturing & transportation costs considerably in the last two years.

4. We have several wars going on at the same time all over the world.

Yes, ammo has went up since the first of the year, but it is as cheap as it will ever be, right now!

rcmodel

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
Me too, but reloading components went up across the board Jan. 1 also!

Priced any powder lately since Hodgdon cornered the market and became a monopoly?
(They now handle all Hodgdon, Alliant, & Winchester brands)

Some powders, including their own brand, went up 30 % - 40% instantly when they got control of it all last year.

rcmodel

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
all copper prices have skyrocket.

the local fetrlizer warehouse no longer stocks copper sulfate, special order only

·
Registered
840 Posts
You still can't beat wally world..I'm there once a week to stock up and a 10% increase really isn't that bad.I manage the local NAPA store and our cable prices have quadrupled thanks to our yellow skinned friends(try explaining that to customers!)

·
Registered
575 Posts
I just picked up .45 Cal CCI Brass for $10.50 a box/50 at Wally World last night. But I did notice the others all went up.
I bought out two stores and only ended up with 10 boxes.
Looks like I'l have to expand my radius and hit all of them within several miles.
Ya, they have one on every other block around here.
Kinda like McDonalds, Walgreens drugs, Cub foods. Etc.
Oscar

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
something to look for. The old hardware store that was way more than WM for years, that didn't sell a lot, now it may be lower than WM (till it has to replace those dusty boxes)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Support you local, privately owned gun dealer. Buy your ammo from them. Look around in their shops and buy from the guy who doesn't JACK their prices up. At least you know your money will go to feed his/her family and not to feed an international corporate parasite bent on shutting down the Mom and Pop shops by running Chinese sweat shops for a nickel an hour and jacking the price 1000% when it gets to your local Wal-Mart shelf.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
ace11golf said:
Support you local, privately owned gun dealer.  Buy your ammo from them.  Look around in their shops and buy from the guy who doesn't JACK their prices up.  At least you know your money will go to feed his/her family and not to feed an international corporate parasite bent on shutting down the Mom and Pop shops by running Chinese sweat shops for a nickel an hour and jacking the price 1000% when it gets to your local Wal-Mart shelf.
Am always happy to pay a premium to my local guy - but NOT 50-75% more than I can get it for elsewhere. If he would sell it for 10-15% more then maybe.

-Scott

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.