Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my first KT, a Sub2000 fitted for G19 magazines. I absolutely love it and I am completely sold on the firearm and the company as well.

I am interested in mounting a RDS on my S2K and I've wanted a Vortex Optics scope for a very long time now.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a red dot scope for the Sub2k? I've been looking at the SPARC II, StrikeFire and Venom. Is there any reason why I should go with one over the other?

While I'm very interested in a Vortex RDS, I'm not married to the brand. If there is another brand and model that you've found effective, please let me know.

Thanks all for the advise. I just joined the forum and this is my first post. Much aloha.

Tyler

·
Registered
886 Posts
I have not used any Vortex products but they all seem to get good reviews. I would be willing to try any of them. I have a Bushnell TRS-25 on my sub and love it. Its small, light, cheap, holds zero, and is bright enough for daylight use.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have a Vortex Sparc II on one of my AR-15s, and it's decent optic for the price. However, in my opinion, the Sparc is a little too big for the Sub 2000. I would recommend something in the microdot category, like those offered by Primary Arms, Bushnell TRS-25, or an Aimpoint.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also ran a TRS-25...until I tried a reflex and I haven't looked back since. Got a cheaper version of the eotech from Amazon; sightmark ultra shot QD. Used it 3-4 times now taking it on/off for transport each time and it's holding zero like a charm. Front sight is co-witness in lower 3rd of reflex window, but I opt to just place the red dot on target as its super accurate. The bigger objective window of the reflex was the big seller over the red dot. Here's a picture of the first run with it sighting it in (center mass @ 15; head @ 25)
Art Visual arts Illustration Modern art Games

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have run the Strikefire 2 and the Spitfire 1x on my S2K. I like the Spitfire because it is a bit smaller and it has the etched reticle. It's something I can grab and go for home defense if needed. I run mine on a Red Lion handguard, so the RDS only comes up if I have time. The strikefire was ok, but that is on my AR now since flip op magnifiers don't work well with prism optics (different types of glass). Palmetto State Armoy usually sells the Spitfire for $175ish. I'd highly reccommend it over the Strikefire. If you want small and light I'd say go for the Sparc. If I could I'd trade my strikefire for a sparc. I'd like the smaller dot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.