Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched through all the threads I could but I would like to put together all the sling threads into one. I like many are just not happy with the factory supplied sling so I want to see what others have put together.

Please attach a picture with a description of what components you used to put it all together.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I used the sling that came with it, and modified it to function 2 point fashion similar to(but not as fast as) a huskey amentum sling with the addition of a cam-lock buckle. I have found I like to carry this rifle the best across my chest as seen in the pics in this post.
http://www.thektog.org/forum/showthr...ighlight=armed

The rear of the sling is attached around the top rear of the buttstock channel assembly, just forward of the buttpad. The front connects to the left forward sling attach point on the front grip. This allows the rifle to hang flat against my chest. From this position if I reach my left hand in over the top of the sling to grip the forestock, I can lower my left elbow to quickly tension the sling for the shot. It is very smooth and fast to do this from the chest carry. It also slings over the right shoulder, muzzle down, very nicely, as well as just sliping it on arround from the front muzzle down carry to a rear muzzle up carry.

Here is a link to a vendor for the Husky sling with more info, pics and video...
http://www.predatorarmament.com/products/Husky-Amentum-Slider-Sling-By-Ares-Armor-.html

·
Registered
27 Posts
i ended up removing the factory sling and i went with the huskey amentum slider sling from ares armor. the slider works great for loosening and tightening it and is also comfier than the factory one since it has some padding on it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
If it gets in the way for you, you could always try putting the screw between the pistol grip and mag well thru the sling attachment, so it doesnt move any further rearwards, or rotate. You might need to get a longer screw, but they arent that expensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts