Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the current value for a used P3AT? My dad is deciding to sell his, he bought it in January, shot 50 rds through it...no problems.

He was going to try to get $225 for it? Good deal, too much??

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Umm, WAY too much. About $100.00 is fair. And PM me for his name and phone number and I'd be happy to assist him :)

I have seen them go from anywhere between $175 and $225 used depending on condition, history and accessories with them.

-Scott

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Depends on your market probably.

I have seen prices listed for new ones for $225, but then you tack on an FFL transfer and shipping (these were in catalogs) and it is much more. I paid more than $225 for my new one recently, bought locally.

I think if I was in the market for one I would be willing to pay $200 for a lightly used one, maybe $225 (simply because new ones are harder to get for cheap around here) but, depending on what the demand is in your area, you might have no trouble at all selling it for $225, if you run into the right buyer. Which is going to be the key.

On AuctionArms it looks like they are running around $250 on average.

I think you could sell it for $225...but the perceived (if not actual) effect of depreciation is going to make it easier to sell for cheaper than that, most likely. But I'd try the upper end price. Maybe sell it on an online auction site, perhaps.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Much more than $200 (local sale) and most folks would probably pony up a few more bucks and get a new one. An on-line sale is worse in that shipping and FFL fees run up the cost to the buyer fast. You didn't mention any accessories. ???

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
One major advantage to a private sale is:
There is no Federal Paperwork.

I've been known to pay a little extra for the privacy.

Some of us are more paranoid then others however. :eek:

rcmodel

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
rcmodel said:
One major advantage to a private sale is:
There is no Federal Paperwork.

I've been known to pay a little extra for the privacy.

Some of us are more paranoid then others however.  :eek:

rcmodel
I've never bought a private gun and would never do so, although I have sold privately every weapon I ever bought. Yah, that's the ticket...

-Scott

G

·
Drop it on the Texas / Louisiana border next to the McDonald's bag with the crispy $100 bill  ok then .... $200 in it. $210. ;D ;D ;D

I won't  be the guy on the La. side of the line in the Blue truck.   ;D

I agree with TX.  Much more than $200 and most folks would go for new.  I personally would not be worried about buying used, but here in North La.  I can get new ones for $250.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Dan H. said:
We'll go with $200 then...anyone intersted?
I can see it now. Saturday morning, a pickup truck parked in front of Cheaper Than Dirt with a sign in the window saying “See customer inside wearing a Kel-Tec T-shirt for a great deal on a P-3AT” ;D

Wilson – who’s known to have done a bit of buying at CTD

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
How much more would you expect a parkerized finish to go for? It's got an olive green grip and about 300 rounds through it.

I'm just looking for a ballpark figure. I know the MSRP is something like $40 more, but I would think the difference in a used gun would be more like $25 or so....but I don't know, that's why I'm trying to get some ideas.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Dan H. said:
Hey guys, what's the latest on shipping laws?  Do you need to ship UPS from FFL, to FFL.  Or can anyone ship to a FFL?

Thanks!
As far as federal law, anyone can ship to an FFL, IIRC. However, some FFLs elect not to recieve guns from non-FFLs, so you have to check with them to make sure they are ok with it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.