Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy that works with me has a P-3AT that I think he wants to sell, He hasn't made a price yet so what is a good offer for one in good condition?

G

·
grapony said:
A guy that works with me has a P-3AT that I think he wants to sell, He hasn't made a price yet so what is a good offer for one in good condition?
So many varialbles it is hard to say.

How many rounds?

What kind of finish?

Extra Mags?

Pinky Extension?

What is local price new?

If I was in the market,,,, I may pay as much, maybe a bit more, for a used one.

A proven reliable well cared for used 3AT that did not have my name on it.... something to consider.

Of course if I was trying to by his POS used under powered toy plastic thing, I would offer him a box of reloaded .45 for him to shoot in his REAL gun when he gets one!   ;)

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Kel-Tecs are a bit different than other "used" guns as (so far at least) KT has been willing to extend the lifetime warranty to subsequent purchasers so the most you are risking is a trip home to momma. It is a gamble that they will continue to do so, but one most of us are willing to take.

-Scott

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
If the slide is Blued anything under $230 would be fine with me,
Parkerized under $250,
Hard Chrome under $270.

This is for the gun and one mag. Any extras would of course add value.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the condition as long as it wasn't really crappy or had been messed with so much the warranty would be void.

The gun has a lifetime warranty, so if anything is wrong Kel-Tec will fix it.

Note that the official warranty says it is for the original owner, but I have never heard of Kel-Tec even asking or not fixing a gun no matter who owns it.

Bobo

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
If I were in your shoes, I'd offer him $140. It's a used gun and no telling what is or could go wrong with it.

Hey, you can always go up in price if he balks at your offer. OThers here have filled you in on KT waranty, etc.

Extra mags, grip cover, etc don't add much from a buyers standpoint.

Jim

·
Registered
653 Posts
I would offer $150 and go up to $200 if I knew (and trusted) the guy  ;)...otherwise go with a new one if $250 (w/tax) for a new one doesn't bother you...although I am not sure of current retail prices in your area.  ::)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.