Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm in an area that sub2k so hard to come by. Pawn shop has a g19 for $450 used. My first question is why is it used? Everybody that I know that has one keeps it unless it's a lemon and looks at buying another one. Should I roll the dice and get it? What do I look for the telltale signs of a lemon?

·
Banned
325 Posts
Some like them, some dont and thats why it was sold to the pawn shop along with other possibilities of having to put food on the table or just lost interest in it and wanting something else. I am pretty darn sure the pawn shop didnt pay the seller any way near the $450 they are asking for it. Last gun show I went to many dealers were selling them for around $500 max and most around $475 for a new in the box one. Me personally, I would offer the pawn shop $400 max out the door. If they dont accept it, I would walk cause to me it would not be worth it.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Gen 1 or 2? Gen one wouldn't consider it at that price. Gen two still not likely. $450 used with no warranty......I had a gen 1 I sold for $300. I then bought a gen 2 for $369. There are better deals to be had if you are patient.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went to a hole in the wall gun shop when on vacation in Wildwood Florida last month. They had 5 new Suk 2Ks all calibers all under $500. Make a fair offer and walk if they won't take it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I purchased both of my Gen 2 S2Ks used, sold one - kept the other one.

I was able to get the original sales receipt with both of them...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I just got done looking at it. It's about 80 miles from the house but I had to drop some parts off at the shop so I drove right past. Wouldn't budge on the 450 and he kept cockadoodledoo and about how they're five and a half to 6 on GunBroker. Well that's the reason there's three hundred of them for sale on GunBroker. Look like the thing had about 500 rounds dry through it and look pretty straight. I guess if I hadn't bought a brand new g-17 last month for 399 I probably would have picked it up

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Probably what done it in was the shopping experience. And also it would have been $483 out the door. A small pawn shop where I've been in bathrooms that had bigger counter space than it. 3 Meatheads in there trying to pawn probably stolen tools so they can walk down the road and buy their weed from the local pot shop. Not the kind of shopping experience I like to have buying a firearm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.