Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a friend who wants to sell used sub 2k for $350- good deal? New to forum.

·
Registered
162 Posts
They are selling for around $400 to $450 on gunbroker these days. It's crazy, last year I bought my second sub at my lgs for $300. I think the Obama panic is driving prices up again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You can still get new ones for $329 if you are willing to place an order then wait several months, maybe longer. If you want one now then you are at the mercy of the market and if it's in like new condition with low round count through it then it's not an outrageous price.

Tell him new ones cost $329 and see if he will come down to $300 then haggle back and forth from there. Maybe he will meet you in the middle at $325. All that said, if you love the gun and don't want to wait, buy it, even at $350. I have regretted missing out on things over saving $20-$30 more times than I care to think about.

·
Registered
27 Posts
no warranty!
Good point. I bought mine used but from a gun shop who is taking care of the repairs. He thinks they will probably not charge anyway, he has sent them used guns before and they haven't charged him but he is a dealer. It's just a new feed ramp anyway, as far as I could tell. But the point is still a good one, if you buy it from a private party you have no warranty. Is your friend the original owner? Could he send it in for you if it ever needed a repair. That's kinda sketchy anyway.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its a friends dad who bought it new in 08, he takes very good care of his weapons so its like new. Its a. 40 Cal which is of course more pricey to shoot than 9mm. But I have a. 40 Glock with a few extended mags. Debating on spending more for a 9mm with warranty but how long to wait? Is kel tec even taking orders at all? Haven't really checked. Thanks D.

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
Is kel tec even taking orders at all? Haven't really checked. Thanks D.
Yes. Production has never stopped, despite 1 Chicken Little rumor to the contrary.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I picked up the phone today, will they place me on list for backorder? Anyone placed an order lately? Any ideas of how long the wait? I'm sure this has been asked a million, I'm new to the sub 2k- never saw one till last week. I Own handguns and shotguns, never rifles really.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
That's exactly what I'm asking. Got on their site- everything is out of stock. Haven't a clue if I even could place a backorder at all. So I take it I should buy the used one a friend has, and that's pretty much it -or search online for higher priced ones? Some posts say there is a wait if you want a new one- a little confusing? D.

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
Other than Law Enforcement and the Military Kel-tec sells only to national and regional distributors. You will either have to buy one online, or get your local gun store to order you one from whomever they use as a distributor.

Kel-tec will only sell accessories or parts from their website to private owners. It's simply a policy they have probably based on some bad dealings in the past.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I understand the whole order it to be shipped to my local firearms dealer. I order through firearms dealer because I cant order direct from Kel Tec . Any ideas on how long an order might take through my local firearms dealer? That's my question I guess? Lol.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts