Used P-3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by JRadice45, Sep 28, 2008.

1. JRadice45

JRadice45 New Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Hey guys. Just had to ask... My local shop has a Used 3AT for sale, blued with green grip (I believe 1 mag) and soft case. ASking price is $275 and they dont talk down too well. They have a new one for sale with black grip and HC slide for $380 something ::) Is that what they normally go for? A new one at a shop 20-30 miles away blued black frame was $295. Keep in mind I live in southwestern CT, Close to ny and $$$$ etc.
    Also if I do take a look at the used one, What should I check for (aside from lockup and smooth function etc, such as take it apart, wear etc...)
    Thanks guys,

Jay

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Around here, that used for $275 pistol would sell for $250 or less, NIB. I wouldn't pay nearly that for a used one. If they are that overpriced in your area, I'd look for a shop that does reasonable transfers and order on line. CDNN usually has them under $250. Buds Gun Shop has decent on-line prices. Do they have gun shows in your area?

3. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
  4. abuck50

abuck50 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    I paid $269 for my new one at a gun shop here in Ohio! The owner then gave me a cash discount!

Craig

5. JRadice45

JRadice45 New Member

Aug 22, 2008
    There are gun shows held aound my area, Usually 50+ miles or more. FFL's Charge anywhere from 25-40 for transfers in my neck of the woods, so again... under 250 would still retail close to 275.... >:( Guess thats one of the penalties for living in a ritzy state.... :-[

6. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    But at least you'd be getting a NIB gun and not a used one for $275.

$380 for a hc model may be the highest price I've ever seen. They run at least $100 less in most places. :-/

7. abuck50

abuck50 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    Do you know the serial number of the gun? If you buy a new one it should have all the newest updates.

8. JRadice45

JRadice45 New Member

Aug 22, 2008
    True... Like I said though, If you came around here and checked the gun stores around the area and 60 miles beyond.... blued 3AT's going rate is 295... gonna go check out my friend rodger (30 miles) and see what he can do for me. He's pretty good at givin you some free ammo or holsters or the like with a new gun purchase.

9. harleyboy

harleyboy New Member

May 25, 2008
    Here in Miami you can get a new one for around $275.00

10. jpaul

jpaul Member

Apr 23, 2008
    I paid 239 plus tax back in July of this year for the blued/green model.
    I guess it all boils down to if its worth it to you. It may be over priced according to the rest of the world but if that is the market in your area and you are happy with it then go for it.

11. I have never paid more than $250 for a NIB Blue 3AT......but that is in my area where it is not hard to find blued ones.

But I have also paid ALOT (almost 2 x) higher than what blue book says a certain hard to find gun was worth...........BUT I WANTED HAD TO HAVE that gun...and by gosh I got it!

12. carmike442

carmike442 New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    $239 to $269 around here for blued.

13. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    I just bought a used gen 2 in like new condition for $140 at a local pawn shop. You want to make sure that it is a gen 2, though it sounds like what you should be paying for a new one. I googled p3ats a couple of weeks back, and saw that used ones were selling online at an average of around $200 in good condition. If you don't know the difference between gen 1 and 2, you can find pics of both on KTOG in the Gen 1 vs 2 post. Be patient, and look. One will turn up.
    Good Luck

14. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008