Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
SU16c as the urban backpack carbine.

Very good info. I like your P17 thoughts, too. I'm glad you mentioned the CMR30 towards the end of the video. I have two of them and they will be my go to for the shtf scenarios, so a setup like you have here would work well for them. Plus having the PMR30 makes the 22WMR setup ideal for me. I would like to add the SU16 to my collection, though but that's another type of ammo I would have to stockpile and after using bandoliers with 7 20 round mags in Vietnam, I prefer to carry 7 or 8 mags of 22WMR (30 rounds each) now that I am old.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Very good info. I like your P17 thoughts, too. I'm glad you mentioned the CMR30 towards the end of the video. I have two of them and they will be my go to for the shtf scenarios, so a setup like you have here would work well for them. Plus having the PMR30 makes the 22WMR setup ideal for me. I would like to add the SU16 to my collection, though but that's another type of ammo I would have to stockpile and after using bandoliers with 7 20 round mags in Vietnam, I prefer to carry 7 or 8 mags of 22WMR (30 rounds each) now that I am old.
"maybe doesn't look like a rifle" - yes it does look like a rifle barrel sticking out of a backpack. Same with the scabbard/backpack concept. I have a SU16CA, but if I wanted to carry unobtrusively I would carry one of my pistols instead.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
SU16c as the urban backpack carbine.

I do like the way you have embraced the rimfire round in your videos, and I think you should add the benefits of the 22WMR to your reasoning, but I do carry a couple of spare firing pins because of the weakness of the rimfire pins.

Reactions: CaptDan25

·
Registered
264 Posts
Well, I see things a little differently. The idea, I think, is to have a weapon that has more power, range, and ammunition capacity than a handgun to carry the day in an urban SHTF situation. So why would you want a weapon that you have to unfold and load when you can have a PLR-16 that can be carried in one hand in a soft briefcase-looking carrier with the magazine inserted? The PLR-16 has .223/5.56 power and range, 30-round capacity, red-dot or telescopic sight capable, two-hand hold, and no origami is required.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd love to review the CMR30 someday.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Red Gun accessory

Product Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Shotgun

Or just have both. They both fit in your average size backpack. So depending on what you want to carry and shoot they both work. I like these because I can fit in my bag i wear on my motorcycle and go for a ride out in the country on a back road and shoot some rounds off. Carry some small paper targets and do some shooting and carry it all in my bag and no one knows the different. Just a biker carrying a bag. My su16 with the long 18.5 barrel with side folder will fit as well. Little bigger bag I can fit my Ksg. Doesn’t look like im carry a gun case on my bike.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
All i can say is add the cp33 16 inch rifle conversion to that mix as well. 50 round mags light and compact . Just like su16c and cmr30. Same foot print and weight as cmr30. You could lighten it up more with primary arms new 3x acss micro prisim. Here i have the primary arms 22lr acss 1 to 6 power for plinking fun. But for light weight carry a red dot or the acss 1x or new micro 3x.
Your grip tape and tech sights are smart additons for keeping su16c light ans usable.
Machine gun Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory
Machine gun Air gun Trigger Shotgun Wood

·
Registered
83 Posts
I bought a baseball gear bag at a second hand shop. That bat extension is good for a lot of "devices." The rest of the bag is useful storage, too. Mine is mainly for car-to-room carry.

With the leather handle cover, it looks like you're carrying a riding crop...LOLi like the paring knife, too. "No, officer, this is for cutting up apples.

I flew in to Toronto, once. Of course, everything is over controlled in Canada. First stop, Eaton's (a large department store chain) where I bought a Henkel's serrated kitchen knife. Lacking a leather shop, I made a cardboard sheath, and when we walked around at night, taped it to my forearm. It was truly a last ditch weapon, but it's better than finger nails.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Lots of very interesting ideas for urban issues. Unfortunately, no mention of a Sub 2K. That's the exact purpose of mine. 4.25 lbs. 16". With the factory sling it hangs concealed on my back under a heavy denim shirt. Also fits perfectly in a small backpack or a computer bag with a nerd logo.

·
Registered
9,021 Posts
Lots of very interesting ideas for urban issues. Unfortunately, no mention of a Sub 2K. That's the exact purpose of mine. 4.25 lbs. 16". With the factory sling it hangs concealed on my back under a heavy denim shirt. Also fits perfectly in a small backpack or a computer bag with a nerd logo.
I know it's just a SUB9, but two pics (posts 5 & 8) should cover that square. ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts