Updated...P-3AT range report

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by finz50, Mar 30, 2008.

1. finz50

finz50 New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Went to the range to try out my new hard chrome P-3AT.  Overall the recoil wasn't nearly as bad as everyone made it out to be.  I only shot 50 rounds, but could have shot 200+ if I wanted to. Only thing that concerned me was 2 fail to feeds I got.  The point of the bullet got stuck both times on the top of where it loads into the chamber.  Did I do somthing wrong?  I did the F&B and other than those two issues, I was very happy.  BTW, I love this thing....it slips in my pocket and I barely know it's there.  I feel like I can carry this anywhere and no one will have a clue about it.  My wife knows I carry and half the time she can't even tell.

2. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Re: New member...2nd post...P-3AT range report

I wouldn't worry about the 2 FTF, it is most likely break in or limp wristing. Clean it and shoot some more ;)

3. alamo

alamo New Member

Sep 12, 2004

I agree. Give it a good cleaning and lube give it another go. Sounds like you probably already polished the feed ramp. Might try a different brand of ammo too. Use practice ammo at this point of decent quality. If all goes well with that, try a mag or two of carry ammo.

4. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007

Welcome to KTOG finz! Good luck with your new gun.

I for one have never complained about the recoil of my P3AT. This was true even before I put grip pads and grip sleeve on the gun. Guess "felt" recoil is simply different from one shooter to the next.

Take care ...

5. finz50

finz50 New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Cleaned, sanded the bottom of the feed ramp and top of the chamber, then lubed her up after last Sunday's trip to the range......took her out again today with 65 rounds of Remington UMC.  Shot like a CHAMP!!  I feel a lot better about this gun than I did a week ago.  After another box or two with no issues I might leave the Glock 30 at the house-LOL

6. jerry-s.

jerry-s. Guest

get the hooked magazine extension...im sold on this gizmo for helping hold on to the p3at during recoil...it tames it a lot in my experience and makes the trigger finger slam almost go away....