Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So felt good after the first time out with the 2nd slide, and if you recall, only had the slightest of peening apparent.

Got another 100 rounds of the mighty .380 and off to the range.

After 75 rounds, the peening didn't seem to get any worse, which was exciting. But something else odd started occuring.

At first thought it was my imagination, but the trigger pull seemed to get longer and longer.

This happend sometimes, then other times it seemed normal. Finally during the last few mags, I had to pull the trigger all the way back to the grip for it to fire, then even pulling it that far wouldn't allow it to fire.

Some may think I"m a KT basher or something, trust me, I want this thing to work since its' purpose is to be my wife's purse gun. I still have hopes it will be reliable sooner or later, I"m hoping KT has worked through it's bad batch or something.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to post.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
Check your trigger pin. It may be backing out on you. Only less than 1/16" of it should be visable.

A tiny drop of blue Loctite applied with a toothpick and some hammer whacks on a pin punch are what is required to fix this problem.

Packer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After posting that last night I found a few threads and the suggestions posted. I tried to push it in but man that thing was in there tight. Because of the angle I don't feel confident to taking a hammer to it.

Back to KT it all goes, follow up to come in about...one month I looks like. :)

Keep up the good work folks, will post back later.

Keef

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
That stinks. Since it recently came back, call them and ask for a call tag. Perhaps they will have it picked up on THEIR dime. Mind you, the warranty says that you are respnsible for shipping, but they have done this before under similar circumstances. :-/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.