Update on KelTecCajun

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by KelTekCajun, Mar 27, 2007.

1. KelTekCajun

KelTekCajun New Member

May 11, 2006
    Acadiana
    Hello again Ya'll,

I've managed to figure this thing out...I think, so here goes...

Today is day two in the recovery of the back surgery. He is not fairing to well at this point. He had a very rough night that left him in excruciating pain for 99% of the time. He's on a morphine pump that shoots out meds every 6 minutes. He's had three doses of valium so far with another one coming at 9 tonight. It helps the spasms that he has been having in his back. Although he had terrible spasms last night, they seemed to subside for the most part today.

Early this morning and about noon time they got him up and made him walk. That really sucked for him and he was hurting so badly he could barely breathe. He did good though (although he doesn't think so). He walked all the way to the door and back, then sat up on his own until he felt sick. He will be on oxygen for another day or so I think. His heart rate is up, but they say it is because of the pain he is in. He still hasn't eaten yet because they still can't hear any big signs of movement in his belly. They're going to come listen to him again in a bit...hopefully they'll hear him do something.

Thanks again to all you guys who called to check on him...I'm so glad he has support from great folks like ya'll...

Have a nice day,
    Kat

2. rjhauser

rjhauser New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    i spoke to Kat tonight, and Jason is having a very rough time of it, but according to her, he is doing better than he thinks he is.

But I think it is taking its toll on her, and so I told her all the prayers and wishes of the board go out to them, and should they need anything at all, all she has to do is say so and we will get it for them.

Nice couple there. that is for sure.

3. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    Sorry to hear KTC is having so much pain. Most back surgery is very unpleasant. My dad went through that a long time ago and has been better ever since. I have a friend who has had three back surgeries and two on his neck, so I guess it could always be worse, although if morphine isn't fixing the pain I doubt it could be much worse for KTC at this point.

Hopefully, even though it's bad now, the pain will be acute instead of chronic. May the pain end soon and may there be a good long term prognosis.

RJ - Very nice of you to check on KTC, so soon after your own medical issues.

Both of you guys take it easy and get better soon.

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    That is for sure.  While I'm not in Lafayette right now, I have "people" there.  
    Anything you guys need, just hollar.   ;D

5. Jason, we all are thinking about you. I'll forgo the jokes about the drugs and the nurses (we're all pulling for you!) and say we look forward to a speedy recovery.

Paul

6. zappa50

zappa50 New Member

Jan 15, 2007
    NIAGARA FALLS NY
    :D Kat were all pulling for him here tell him take one day at a time and things will get better each day.

Dan

7. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Hey Kat - tell him I have only bought 3 or 4 things out from under him so far this week. I miss him a lot already - he has to come back soon.

-Scott

8. It's been kinda quiet on the Board without KTC.

Hope he gets better soon, prayers for him.

Tell him to beg for morphine. I did and all I had was surgery for a broken leg.

9. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    I went and sat with them for an hour and a half today, but he's still pretty out of it. I understand they did get him out of the bed and showered today, so he's moving around, but still having some pretty severe back spasms. Kat says he rolled himself over today to, so he's getting a little better. I may try to get down to see him again this weekend. It's about a 300 mile round trip so I'll just have to see.

Prognosis for him looks good though.

:)

10. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    Thanks for the update 3wb. It sounds like he's still out of it a lot, which is probably for the best considering the pain. Hopefully, he's getting the pain meds he needs now, and won't need such heavy duty pain meds for long. It would be unusual to be in surgery for that long and not have a lengthy recovery, but it's very good to hear the positive prognosis. Every day forward is one day crossed off the painful recovery period and a day closer to a normal healthy life. Please keep us posted.

Kat - As soon as Jason's firing on all cylinders, please let him know we're all pulling for him.

11. KelTekCajun

KelTekCajun New Member

May 11, 2006
    Acadiana
    Hi Guys!

Well, today is a brand new day. Jason ate some breakfast this morning...real food! He got up and walked all the way to the nurses station and back. Usually the nurses's asst has to come help him, but he did it without her today. I also got him in the shower without help...I better keep that up cause Lord knows there will be no nurses at our house! He did great, took his shower, brushed his teeth and actually let me put clothes on him. I told him we had seen enough of his butt this week. He doesn't think I'm very funny right now...but, oh well, he'll get over it. If I don't try to keep his spirits up, mine will surely go down.

But anyway, the dr came in today and said he is doing really well and his fever had finally gone, so once he goes to the bathroom (you know) he can come home.

Thanks to all of you for your calls and support. I appreciate it and so does he.

I'll keep you all updated!!

*And Scott, keep buying all you want...his spending limit for the year is up anyway, so you're doing me a favor! ;D

12. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    AWESOME TO HEAR. We are all praying for you guys.

And sorry KTC - I didn't mean to invoke the spending limit!

-Scott

13. RAT76

RAT76 Active Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Outstanding news. Hurry back KTC but don't over do it. Scott won't buy ALL the toys.

14. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    OK Kat... That's an image I didn't need stuck in my brain. ;D

Seriously, thanks much for the update and give Jason our best. Get some rest while he's still in the hospital cause YOU are going to be playing nurse when he gets home.

P.S. I bet he'd like some of those Kolaches for breakfast if not some boudin. 8)

15. spence13e

spence13e New Member

May 11, 2006
    Kansas
    good to hear he's doing better!

16. 3wbdriver

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    I have it on good authority (Wifey) he came home today, and she's already had to shoo him away from the computer once. We should be hearing from him soon.

8)

17. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Said in best chant voice: KTC! KTC! KTC! KTC! We miss you buddy!

-Scott

18. KelTekCajun

KelTekCajun New Member

May 11, 2006
    Acadiana
    Ok Ya'll,

Jason is dictating this so bear with me. I was also informed by him today that I posted all this business in the wrong thread. Forgive me! Here we go, straight from the horse's mouth:

Thanks guys for all the nice comments while I was gone. I am home now and its 10:00 and I need some sleep.

Ok, wife again here...the drugs are starting to work again. He walked around the house today and ate some supper. He is still running a temp, but the dr's say it is normal. I'm trying to keep it all under control. About time for me to get some sleep while he is resting...no rest for the weary.

Thanks and God Bless ya'll,
    Kat

19. 3wbdriver

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    We all managed to find you so tell him to lighten up on ya.

;D