Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok boys and girls, here she is...My "New" P3AT...

Slide and belt clip was done with GunKote Dark Earth Tan
Slotted the pin.
Polished the feedramp and chamber.
Re-crowned the barrel and polished the crown.
Polished the contact surface of the hammer
De-burred a few spots on the frame.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
the finish scheme looks good.

any reason for slotting the pin and does the pin rotated when shooting?

was there any damage to the crown?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The guy that did the work for me said his Girlfriends P3's pin would work itself out after one or two mags, so what he did was slot it just under the head and then slotted the head...it seats itself more securely now and all you do is rotate it 180 degrees and pull out like normal.  I thought it was a neat lil idea, works good.

As for the crown...he knows what he's doin, its nice and smooth and looks really good. The few mags that I did get to shoot shot real good.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
AirMech74 said:
..slot it just under the head and then slotted the head...it seats itself more securely now and all you do is rotate it 180 degrees and pull out like normal....
sounds good :cool:

G

·
Very nice looking....

AirMech74 said:
The guy that did the work for me said his Girlfriends P3's pin would work itself out after one or two mags, so what he did was slot it just under the head and then slotted the head...it seats itself more securely now and all you do is rotate it 180 degrees and pull out like normal.....
I like that idea!

I have seen this mod before.... if I recall there was a problem in the past with the pins walking out on some of the Kel-Tecs... but it has never been an issue with any of mine.  It still seems to me that it would be benificial to slot (groove) where the sping grabs the pin, then slot the head to indicate the proper orientation.  [reason]fix [/quote][/reason]

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Nice Job! I keep meaning to give GunKote or DuraCoat refinishing a try. Maybe when it gets warmer. My garage is my shop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.