Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an update to my first report that I had purchased a defective P3AT (Bought a bad P3AT).

The original post is here; http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=104;action=display;num=1156658885;start=

Short story: Bought new P3AT a few months ago, had problems from the start (fail to fire) with 3 different brands of ammo, replaced firing pin & spring, even clipped 4 coils from spring. Discovered that the firing pin hole had been incorrectly drilled in the slide making the firing pin off center. Sent back to Keltec.

It took about 2 weeks to get it back. They replaced the slide (the only thing marked on the receipt) with a new one. Went to the range on Friday and shot 150 rounds of S&B FMJ and 40 rounds of Magtech JHP. I had one FTE with the Magtech, everything else was perfect. The spent brass I inspected showed that the primers were being struck directly in the center.

I'm very happy with Keltec's service and the fact that my gun shop picked up the bill for shipping. I plan to put another 200 rounds of both FMJ and my carry ammo before I deem it reliable.

It did put a hurtin' on my hand though. There's a sharp edge on the back of the gun that cut into the webbing between my thumb and finger, need to trim that smooth. Also got a nice blister on my trigger finger where it rubs against the bottom of the trigger guard.

Thanks to everyone for their advice and input!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have that same problem with my finger. Smoothing the guard did not help. I've shot 150+ rounds at a time though!

I use J & J first aid tape to keep it from getting raw but you can still feel it for sure.

*** You can eliminate the web beating by using a work out glove; padded palm with fingers cut out!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I found if I ride my trigger finger up along the top of the trigger it doesnt get bitten by the trigger guard on the bottom... It makes practice and getting very proficient(which we all should be!) alot easier!!!

Peace

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.