unwanted emails

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by sjones, Nov 22, 2008.

1. sjones

sjones New Member

Nov 21, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    I know this is not the proper place or way to do this but this is the only way I have found so far to post a message or question.I am a new member as of last night and only want to recieve emails on things I post,not everyone else's posts for the whole forum.Since last night I have recieved over 25 emails and am trying to figure out how to stop them.I would appreciate somebody helping me to do that.Thank you sj

2. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    Maybe it's a yaBB glitch of some kind. :-/
    Are you clicking on the box for "Notification" at the bottom of each email and then answering "Yes" to the question "Do you want a notification Email if someone replies to this topic?"
    Only click that if you want an email sent to you if anyone replies in that thread.

3. sjones

sjones New Member

Nov 21, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    I understand that but that is not whats happening.Everyones post is coming through no matter what they post ot who is posting.sj

4. zeke

zeke New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Look toward the top of the page for the radio buttons pick the "Notificsation" one.

See if it list whole forums or just topics If it has whole fourms "P11" "P3at" etc uncheck them.

5. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    Guys, sounds like the OP has signed up with the yahoo mailing lists. TxC has gotten into this a couple of times. The link is ktog@yahoogroups.com, when you sign up for it ( I did ) you get swamped with e-mails from the yahoo group. He has to go there to stop the mail. I wish TxC and Ray would get rid of it.

Rick

6. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
  7. shep854

shep854 Active Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    Good morning, SJones and welcome to KTOG!

When you first came to the website, did you see the page with the pistol cutaway (KTOG.org)? Then, did you click on the highlighted "on the mailing list" that was down in the text, below the cutaway? If you did, that's your problem. Close out everything, then go to the sidebar and click on "Bulletin Board" and follow instructions. That will bring you back here, but you should only get emails from threads you indicate.

8. zeke

zeke New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Sorry about locking the topic. It was a screw-up on my part. :-[

I was trying to move it to the Feedback and Announcements board.

Let me try that again.

9. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    I think the Yahoo group allows you to choose either:

1. Individual emails.
    2. One email per day.
    3. No emails, read posts on website only.

10. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    YES! You have subscribed to the YAHOO KTOG Group. Years ago, this site sprung from that group, so to speak. Consequently, we still have a link on this site to sign up for the YAHOO Group.

Go to the following link and do one of 2 things. Either unsubscribe or unselect email notifications. That group is not affiliated with this one and we cannot control those emails. They are here:

YAHOO KTOG Group
    http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/ktog/