Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently bought 3 mags one locally and 2 from Midway. The one that was bought locally says KelTec on the floorplate but it does not have .380 stamped on the side of the mag. The two from Midway also have KelTec on the floorplate but are stamped .380 on the mag like the original that came with the gun.

***All of them say made in Italy

Are there any differences besides one of them isn't stamped .380?

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
I wouldn't think so. If they say made in Italy they should be made by Mecgar, I'm pretty sure they make KT's factory mags.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I have recently bought 3 mags . . .

Are there any differences besides one of them isn't stamped .380?
How do they work at the range?

If they all work, you can relax and stop worrying about logos that might (or might not) have been missed during the manufacturing process. If not, return the defective item(s). Best of luck!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haven't had em at the range yet...thats Sunday.

I was just curious if there were any gotcha's.... or something I didn't know about a mag thats not stamped with ".380" like the rest. :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Well, it worked. You made me look. None of my genuine Kel-Tec P-3AT mags, including the ones shipped with our pistols has 380 stamped on it anywhere that I can see. The Mec-gar stamping with logo does appear, along with Made in Italy.

Mine are all several years old, so the 380 stamping must be a new addition. Considering how reliable P-3AT magazine have been to date, I hope there are no changes along with the 380 stamping.

Let us know how it goes, please. :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Well, it worked. You made me look. None of my genuine Kel-Tec P-3AT mags, including the ones shipped with our pistols has 380 stamped on it anywhere that I can see. The Mec-gar stamping with logo does appear, along with Made in Italy.

Mine are all several years old, so the 380 stamping must be a new addition. Considering how reliable P-3AT magazine have been to date, I hope there are no changes along with the 380 stamping.

Let us know how it goes, please. :)
This is my experience as well and I've got 5 factory magazines.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can speak to the mag that came with the gun. It is marked .380 and it does not like my p3at. Even after a fluff n buff (including on the mag ) it still had multiple fte's. Borrowed a mag from the range, loaded her up and she never failed again. I have ordered a stronger spring for the original mag to see if it improves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts